Dropping in to call attention to a real gem for fans of the Roman Empire days as in the later `Byzantine' phase as you see so little of this. Both the Eastern Roman Empire, and the Orthodox Church it is so closely bound with, rarely get attention in visuals like this.

Its a graphic novel with somewhat stylized art but something really special. I can vouch for the meticulous accuracy they show for many buildings, settings, and terms in Constantinople of the 10th Century. This was a high-water mark time, two centuries before the Fourth Crusade. It tells the colorful life of Empress Theophano of the era of Constantine VII. (He is the one who wrote numerous important Eastern Roman studies, including "Die Ceremonies" which has allowed many since to try to figure out the puzzle of the layout of the imperial sector of the city. It is sort of a giant version of a rubic's cube puzzle for historians through the centuries, self included. But the power of this is all that is simply the setting, as it should be. You see it in passing---those who know of the structures and customs will appreciate it all the more.

Its a great story too, and as one longing to see some movie of a genuine Byzantine era perspective with attention to the particulars of the architecture and equipment and costumes of the time, this gives a fantastic quick introduction for layman and enthusiast alike.

https://www.amazon.com/Theophano-Byzantine-Mr-Spyros-Theocharis/dp/B08DC6H288/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=theophano&qid=1613021614&sr=8-1

Here is an article with some samples and describing the project.

https://greekcitytimes.com/2020/10/11/theophano-a-byzantine-tale-the-must-read-comic-with-the-most-beautiful-illustrations/

As for accuracy of events --- its fictional for some of the motives and particulars of course, but always plausible and for those well-read on it, you will see how it can fit the facts.

By the way, trivia note. Nowhere mentioned, but one of the princes seen will be Basil II "Bulgaractonos" the Bulgar-slayer. One of the most powerful Eastern Emperors of the early 11th C.
FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."