Revolution In Military Affairs (RMA)

862 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
ArmyTanker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The US military has developed or is developing RMAs. RMAs can be a new weapon, vehicle, technology, or doctrine that will give an advantage to a military in the next war. The American RMAs in WWII were amphibious landings, P-51s, atomic bombs, aircraft carriers, and Patton. lol They gave us an advantage. History will reveal that is it impossible to fully prepare for future wars.

Here are current RMAs that have been developed and these are just based on my opinion:

- Smart Cluster Bombs: Right now we have the ability to drop large bombs that will spit out perhaps 40 cluster bombs that will actively seek armored vehicles to destroy them. This is a tremendous amount of accurate firepower.
- Phalanx System: This automated weapons system can be found on ships and around bases. It can shoot 4,500 20mm rounds at a muzzle velocity of 3600 feet/sec. It can shoot down missiles, drones, planes, mortars, and other projectiles.
- Israeli Trophy System: Our M1 tanks are becoming more vulnerable to anti tank weapons. The US Army will install the Trophy Systems on our tanks. When a missile or projectile is few meters from the tanks, the Trophy System will essentially shoot a shotgun blast to defeat the threat.
- Drones are used for surveillance and delivering munitions. I read Turkish drones destroyed 100 Russian made tanks in Syria. The US is fond of using drones to kill high value targets (people).

We are working on these possible RMAs:

- Laser Weapons: There are many technical challenges, but we are developing more powerful laser weapons. I think we have the ability to shoot down drones with laser weapons now.
- Rail Guns: Huge technical challenges but we are still trying to develop that technology.
- Artillery: Historically artillery has been an area weapon or an indirect weapons system. The goal for artillery is to land rounds in the proximity of the targets. Some of the current focus is turning artillery rounds into smart or guided rounds for precision. The US Army recently used a 155 Howitzer round to shoot down a missile. Perhaps we can shoot accurately at targets 50 miles away.
- The US is trying to develop a system that utilizes lasers and mini ballistic computers to make I believe M-4s more accurate with the intent of one shot one kill.
- Communications and Networking: I really don't know what this domain is called, but we are working on domain because it is crucial in future wars as there will be infinitely more inputs, outputs, and solutions.
- Hypersonic Missiles: China, Russia, and the US are racing to develop missiles that can fly at Mach 5.
- Robots and unmanned vehicles.
- Drones
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
How do American subs compare to counterparts around the world?
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
ArmyTanker
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

I don't know.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Ghost of Andrew Eaton said:

The Virginia Class attack boats are the best in the world. Very stealthy, very fast and very deadly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.