102 Years ago today

1,397 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JJMt
aggiejim70
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My grandfather and his buddies went to draw ordinance for the day. Some captain told them to forget about it, we're not killing anyone this morning, the war will be over at 11am.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
ABATTBQ87
AG
aggiejim70 said:

My grandfather and his buddies went to draw ordinance for the day. Some captain told them to forget about it, we're not killing anyone this morning, the war will be over at 11am.
Ordnance - military supplies including weapons, ammunition, combat vehicles, and maintenance tools and equipment.

Ordinance - an authoritative decree or direction
Wearer of the Ring
AG
Sometimes you have to use the one to enforce the other.
ja86
AG
They were lucky, there were several offensives going on right up to the last second
aggiejim70
AG
You know this must be a generational BQ thing. I received a thank you letter for his scholarship from a current fish in the FTAB. It has two or three grammatical errors .which I was going to call his attention. I think I'll let that go. as I'm sure he would appreciate that almost as much as I appreciate your attention to detail.

ja86. You're correct, as I understand it, many of the big guns fired right up to 11am.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
ABATTBQ87
AG
aggiejim70 said:

You know this must be a generational BQ thing. I received a thank you letter for his scholarship from a current fish in the FTAB. It has two or three grammatical errors .which I was going to call his attention. I think I'll let that go. as I'm sure he would appreciate that almost as much as I appreciate your attention to detail.

ja86. You're correct, as I understand it, many of the big guns fired right up to 11am.
I'm a corporate recruiter and review thousands of resumes and letters every year, and correct grammatical errors as necessary.

You should contact that fish and advise them about the grammatical errors, because it will benefit them in the long run.
ABATTBQ87
AG
The sound of peace: November 11, 1918

https://www.facebook.com/iansimkins1/videos/359537938484144
30wedge
ABATTBQ87 said:

I'm a corporate recruiter and review thousands of resumes and letters every year, and correct grammatical errors as necessary.

You are not recruiting here, but you are doing something else.
aggiejim70
AG
You should contact that fish and advise them about the grammatical errors, because it will benefit them in the long run

Upon further review and keeping in mind free advice is generally worth what you pay for it, I'm going to take you up on your suggestion, Now, I have a question for you. Instead of the word "them" should that not read "him or her".?

Please note that sound you hear in the distance is the derail the thread police coming after us.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
Rabid Cougar
AG
Last Deaths

"A five-round burst from a German gun struck Gunther in the left temple. He died instantly. His body collapsed in the mud. The time was 10:59 a.m."
Reed McDonald 92
AG
aggiejim70 said:

You should contact that fish and advise them about the grammatical errors, because it will benefit them in the long run

Upon further review and keeping in mind free advice is generally worth what you pay for it, I'm going to take you up on your suggestion, Now, I have a question for you. Instead of the word "them" should that not read "him or her".?

Please note that sound you hear in the distance is the derail the thread police coming after us.
You are correct!!

Them is plural. I believe AP still says it should be "him" if the sex of the person is unknown. But in today's society, you might want to say "him or her".
Wildman15
AG
I dun clicked on this hear post to read up on that Veterans Day history and y'all dun confused me with this here grammar stuff
aggiejim70
AG
Welcome to the old BQ lounge.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
AgBQ-00
AG
aggiejim70 said:

Welcome to the old BQ lounge.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.