Vintage Photo

1,866 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ABATTBQ87
GCWAg/73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently retired, moved and was going through some old items and uncovered the following photograph that I had in my office. It's a sepia tone panoramic photograph of Texas A&M probably 1910-1911. It shows Old Main (burned down 1912), Foster Hall, and Nagle Hall (1909). It is my understanding that football was played in front of Old Main until moving to Kyle Field in 1910. I obtained this photograph from an engineering mentor at my first office in 1973. He was class of 1928.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Thanks for sharing.
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
AgBQ-00
AG
Is that the fish tents I see behind the trees?

BTW thanks for sharing!!
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
ABATTBQ87
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Is that the fish tents I see behind the trees?

BTW thanks for sharing!!
It was an area known as Camp Milner (1911 Longhorn)

ABATTBQ87
AG
another view of Camp Milner

GCWAg/73
AG
Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed looking through the 1911 Longhorn.
GCWAg/73
AG
I've decided parting with the vintage photo. I thought I would post this here first. The actual photo is 3 3/8" x 23 3/8" and is mounted on black mat board, overall size is 8" x 27 1/4". It is in good condition considering the age. If interested make me an offer. Located in Brenham, TX. Prefer local pick up or the B/CS area. Thanks.
gtweiss@att.net
CanyonAg77
AG
I'll kick in something if you give it to the Sanders Corps Museum.
GCWAg/73
AG
If there's not a good Aggie that would like it for their home, I would consider doing this. I had also thought of the Cushing Library, but they may already have this photo.
CanyonAg77
AG
GCWAg/73 said:

If there's not a good Aggie that would like it for their home, I would consider doing this. I had also thought of the Cushing Library, but they may already have this photo.
I'm good with any of the three.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Email sent to OP
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.