Old A&M postcard

1,654 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SoTxAg
SoTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my great aunts had a few old a&m related postcards from some great-great uncles and another great uncle. They would have been classes of 1911, 1914 and 1939 but all left a&m after a couple years to go back and work the family farms. I gave a cousin most of them years ago but found one i forgot about. Nice little piece of history.

dcAg
I like how there is no address on the postcard. It is just a name and the city.

BQ78
AG
Postcards... Their days seem to have come and gone but I miss them. Kind of the Twitter of their day, you could write a short inane message sort of like the one on that card and send it cheaply 1 cent in 1908 (rose to 5 cents in my day). On our family vacations one of the rituals was to get a postcard at wherever we went that day, put an inane message on it and send it to my grandparents.

I sort of miss those days.
Rabid Cougar
AG
"Made in Germany"
aghistory
AG
William Ball, Class of 1912. BS in Electrical Engineering.
dcbowers
AG
Rabid Cougar said:

"Made in Germany"
Germany was the China of its day.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rock1982
AG
From a better and more noble age.

Thanks
CanyonAg77
AG
I've got some WWII era A&M postcards, I need to scan them and post them.
SoTxAg
AG
Thanks for the info, i was told he left for home to farm before graduating, but he must of went back to finish!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.