RIP Reinhard Heydrich?

3,341 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by fullback44
Corporal Punishment
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Uh...apparently not:

Quote:

Police in Berlin are investigating after the grave of high-ranking Nazi officer Reinhard Heydrich was dug up.

Nothing appears to have been removed from the site, and police were seeking suspects on charges of disturbing a burial site, according to German media reports.
Quote:

Heydrich served under SS leader Heinrich Himmler, leading the Reich Main Security Office, which controlled the Gestapo and Nazi security services. He played a key role in planning the Holocaust, including chairing the Wannsee conference on Jan. 20, 1942, when plans for the Holocaust were discussed.
Adolf Hitler called Heydrich "the Man with the Iron Heart." Other nicknames included "the Butcher," "the Hangman" and "Himmler's Evil Genius."
Czechoslovak agents attacked his car in on May 27, 1942, and he died of his injuries a few days later. In retaliation, German forces executed 390 residents of the village of Lidice in the Czech Republic.
Heydrich was buried in Berlin's Invalidenfriedhof military cemetery with top honors. His grave is unmarked.
A motive for the grave's defilement, which happened overnight between Wednesday and Thursday, was unclear. In 2000, a group of extremists opened the grave of Nazi storm trooper Horst Wessel, removed the skull and threw it in the Spree River.

Smokedraw01
I've become fascinated with the flawed human being and their attempts at redemption but I couldn't care less if this guy RIPs.
"If you run into an ******* in the morning, you ran into an *******. If you run into *******s all day, you're the *******." – Raylan Givens, "Justified."
terata
AG
nm
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Operation Anthropoid
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
MondayMorningQB
AG
Waltonloads08
AG
Czechs doin work
Corporal Punishment
AG
Waltonloads08 said:

Czechs doin work
jickyjack1
I had never thought about it, but Heydrich having an extant grave in Germany -- unmarked or not -- is astounding to me given the "sincere" rejection of all things Nazi by an ostensibly contrite post war Germany. It is no secret that the man was a villain among villains, an embodiment of evil at least equaling any that have trod the earth. I would have thought his body would have been exhumed after the war and ground into engine oil or something.
IDAGG
AG
jickyjack1 said:

I had never thought about it, but Heydrich having an extant grave in Germany -- unmarked or not -- is astounding to me given the "sincere" rejection of all things Nazi by an ostensibly contrite post war Germany. It is no secret that the man was a villain among villains, an embodiment of evil at least equaling any that have trod the earth. I would have thought his body would have been exhumed after the war and ground into engine oil or something.
I agree. Anyone who is described as such us one evil mofo. From the OP: [url=https://www.upi.com/topic/Adolf_Hitler/?tps=1][/url]
Quote:

Adolf Hitler called Heydrich "the Man with the Iron Heart." Other nicknames included "the Butcher," "the Hangman" and "Himmler's Evil Genius."

BQ78
AG
Are you suggesting they should have dug up all the dead Nazis and do what with thier bodies?
jickyjack1
There is a slight distinction. Care to guess?
terata
AG
Heydrich is dead. Leave the remains alone.
Thomas Little
AG
If interested there's a pretty recent movie (in English) called "Anthropoid" about the operation to take down Heydrich. It's about the Czech operatives that trained in England in parachuted back into Czech to lead the operation. Those guys had some massive cojones.
jickyjack1
terata said:

Heydrich is dead. Leave the remains alone.

But not his memory, which deserves unending deprecation.
terata
AG
Yo, jickyjack, you want him dug up and dismembered so you can have a Heydrich totem. The "memory" of Heydrich is not your problem,move on.
jickyjack1
The "memory" of Heidrich is everyone's problem, as is the tragic reality that such a monster ever obtained earthly power over people and events.That he can have even faint defenders is unfortunate.

Surely I am misreading this.
terata
AG
No one is defending Heydrich. Don't make the monster a martyr.
jickyjack1
What? Make him a martyr? How many RPMs are you running at?
fullback44
AG
I've seen the movies and discovery channel of old Hydrich getting blown up by the Czechs.. he messed w the wrong people ...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.