Books on the Cuban Revolution

1,210 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by BrazosBendHorn
i is smart
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Longtime lurker and I trust the posters here to provide an objective look at it.

I've tried to google before posting, but I can't find any books that are widely regarded as the best to understand the scope of The Cuban Revolution and how Castro rose to power along with avoiding assassination attempts. He must have had an insane security detail.
***Disclaimer***
My in-game comments should not be taken seriously, as I am not a coach. Additionally, unauthorized screenshotting and distribution of my comments is not only discouraged but also considered lame as hell.
IDAGG
AG
I have only read one book that touches on it. Che Guevara A Revolutionary Life. As the title implies it is about Che so it includes much more than Cuba. It was interesting, but beware it is not really a biography, but a hagiography instead. I bought it on a whim right before we went on a vacation so I would have something to read as I lounged by the beach. The book has little objectivity but it does recount how they recruited and then pursued their objectives in Cuba.

On a side note I worked with a guy who's father was imprisoned by Castro for a while before they fled from Cuba. He is convinced that one of Castro's field commanders, Camilo Cienfuegos, was murdered by Castro after the revolution because he opposed Castro's embrace of communism. His "plane crash" was not an accident.
fasthorse05
First of all, I had to look up "hagiography".

Secondly, how can anyone find the time to write adulatory things about Che. The writer must have patience, since Che was basically a murderer, albeit, I haven't read too much about him. I just know he was a bad guy.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
BQ78
AG
Brah, you haven't seen the t-Shirts or watched Motorcycle Diaries have you?
IDAGG
AG
fasthorses05 said:

First of all, I had to look up "hagiography".

Secondly, how can anyone find the time to write adulatory things about Che. The writer must have patience, since Che was basically a murderer, albeit, I haven't read too much about him. I just know he was a bad guy.
Absolutely a bad guy. But to this day the left overlooks that and idolizes Che. T shirts with the visage of Che in his beret have been worn by lefties since the mid 60s and to this day you still see that image.

All that matters to lefties is that he helped implement communism in Cuba and died trying to turn Bolivia Communist. The hundreds to low thousands he executed? Meh, just "statistics" to use Stalin's description. And after all, the left embraces the logic of the end justifies the means.
BQ78
AG
Here are the images of that murderer that ought to be on T-shirts:

BrazosBendHorn

I'll settle for this on a t-shirt ...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.