USS Liberty

1,196 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by terata
terata
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Apologies for not posting anything on 08 June. I hope all on this board shared a moment of silence for the 34 US Sailors killed and those injured on the deliberate attack of the USS Liberty 08 June 1967.
RGV AG
AG
There was a thread about it on the Pol board I believe. Kinda interesting. Everything I have ever seen, save for the Israeli denials, points to a knowing attack. One of the more interesting suppositions that I have read was that the Jews had a very high up source/asset in the Russian government/military and this asset related that American intelligence was penetrated by the GRU/KGB and that intelligence from the US was coming to the Soviets who were then sharing it with the Arab vassal states.

In an effort to protect their asset and cut off some of the intelligence the opted to go after the liberty to shut down the electronic surveillance. This was due to the belief that the Americans would want info a proof of penetration and they felt they couldn't risk their source.
terata
AG
That is a possible and plausible theory RVG AG. I have read others that just as disturbing. The 34 sailors killed should be remembered as American heroes, in my humble opinion. FWIW, the Liberty Captain, McGonagle, received the Medal of Honor for his actions to save the rest of his crew and prevent the ship from sinking. Also, it was a deliberate attack.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.