U.S. Army turning back the clock to World War II

2,430 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by A. Solzhenitsyn
Jaydoug
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/to-stand-out-the-army-picks-a-new-uniform-with-a-world-war-ii-look/ar-AAAWewJ

74OA
AG
Sorry, but they look like actors in a WWII movie. The Army has an illustrious history since then, so what's the point to the reachback?
OldArmy71
AG
Texas Aggie Corps of Cadets Class A winter.
JABQ04
AG
That article used the term "fashion usurpers". Like a freaking GoT episode. Still think the army could find better uses with time and money than fashion shows every few years. Not that this is relevant to me anymore but Greens-ASUs- Pink/Greens all in 13 years? I wore greens when I enlisted in 2007, bought ASUs in 2010 and this get up in 2020. Same with duty uniforms, BDU/DCU-ACUs-Multicam in just over a decade.
Aggie12B
AG
According to that picture, it would appear that CSMs don't wear nameplates on their jackets
aalan94
AG
Quote:

. The Army has an illustrious history since then
But not an illustrious uniform history.

Since WWII, the only saving grace of Army uniforms was that the were not air force uniforms.
Cardiac Saturday
AG
For the new use of the old style!
Rabid Cougar
AG
Assures that the Corps of Cadets have ready source of Winter A's.
OldArmy71
AG
I will say that officers and enlisted men in the Army had slightly different uniforms in WWII. The color of the enlisted coat was a lighter brown and enlisted personnel wore matching brown pants rather than "pink" pants.

Similarly, during WWII at A&M, it was a junior privilege to wear pinks.
BrazosBendHorn
aalan94 said:

Since WWII, the only saving grace of Army uniforms was that the were not air force uniforms.
Allow me to insert an old Navy joke here:

What's the difference between the uniforms worn by members of the Air Force and the Postal Service?

The Postal Service uniforms are much sharper.
aalan94
AG
As a Navy guy, I like our uniforms, although I'm disappointed that Admiral Mullen's push to bring back the dress khaki never worked out. I think that we and the Marines have the best uniforms. Army's are not as bad as I said, but air force doesn't have anything good. Which is why you have to have a genie bound to you as a perpetual slave in order for a woman to look at you longingly in one.
Rabid Cougar
AG
AF needs to go back to the USAAF pinks and greens.
BQ78
AG
All you AF haters should see the trim that a green bag with a leather flight jacket pulls in.

Also our mess dress is as good as anyone else. As to other AF uniforms, well you got me.
UTExan
BQ78 said:

All you AF haters should see the trim that a green bag with a leather flight jacket pulls in.

Also our mess dress is as good as anyone else. As to other AF uniforms, well you got me.

The AF tan 1505s were the best.
JR69
AG
UTExan said:

BQ78 said:

The AF tan 1505s were the best.
+1

1505s were my favorite daily wear uniform.
ABATTBQ87
AG
The best and worst Air Force uniforms, ranked
A. Solzhenitsyn
ABATTBQ87 said:

The best and worst Air Force uniforms, ranked
that "best" category had to take some work.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.