B-29 in flight

5 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by CanyonAg77
who?mikejones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw a B29 in flight this weekend. Stepped out of the truck and heard a nosie and looked up to see that glorious bird overhead. It was like winning the lotto.

Sorry for the picture but by the time i got my camera out he was far away.

Buck Compton
AG
Where were you? Rare indeed since only two remain in flying condition!
who?mikejones
AG
Waxahachie
CanyonAg77
AG
Excellent. Fifi was scheduled for "Wings Over Dallas" this past weekend, and I don't think Doc is currently touring. Fifi is scheduled to be in Conway, Arkansas in two weeks. I think she's based in Ft. Worth..

So, probably Fifi
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Nah, I think Doc shut it down for the year except for rides around Wichita, KS. I know they went to Oshkosh and were at the Reading, PA airshow back in June, though. Didn't go this year because it was supposed to be raining cats & dogs. Apparently it didn't, and Doc and Fifi flew formation over the crowd.
bdriggs
AG
Fifi was indeed at WOD at Redbird (Dallas Executive) - I saw her Sunday afternoon. It was a glorious sight and sound!
Bruce Riggs '83
JABQ04
AG
Driving around Seabrook today and saw the loneStar Flight Museum's B17 flying around out of Ellington.
CanyonAg77
AG
If you want rare aircraft sightings, we were in southern New Mexico once, and spotted a really odd one. I can't find Google confirmation that it was in the states, but I believe it was the WWI Vickers Vimy bomber replica, built in 1994.

https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/explore/our-collection/aircraft/vickers-vimy

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.