George III's Battle to Save an Empire

1,783 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sapper Redux
Caesar4
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Upon recently receiving a Colonial Williamsburg flier in the mail, I had occasion to check out their website. There, I learned of a magazine, Trend and Tradition, that they produce, e-version is free. I happened to run across the following article from the e-version of the magazine, which contains this interesting note. Maybe when I retire, I'll have more time to beef up my historical knowledge.

Quote:

The papers of George III an estimated 350,000 documents located in the Round Tower at Windsor Castle generally have not been widely available since he died in 1820. In April 2015, Queen Elizabeth II opened the papers to scholars.

https://www.colonialwilliamsburg.com/learn/trend-and-tradition-magazine/george-iii-battle-to-save-an-empire
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
Very interesting. I read the Trilogy. Look forward to this book.
titan
S

That does sound very interesting. I don't recall reading that magazine recently, but now that I think about it, I believe have seen some covers in Barnes & Noble and it rings a bell. Certainly the book will be a must.
Post removed:
by user
Sapper Redux
We tend to forget that George was the last British figure to be vilified. There's a book called, "The King's Three Faces" that covers the change in perception of George in the colonies.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.