Oldest intact shipwreck found at the bottom of Black Sea

2,613 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by annie88
AgBQ-00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2400 year old Greek Ship Found

This is pretty neat. Would love to read more about how this ship changes the thinking about Greek ship construction and capabilities. The researchers mentioned in the article said it would change our understanding of ancient ship building.
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
Reed McDonald 92
AG
Fascinating discovery. I should have studied nautical archaeology while at A&M.
dgrogers88
JABQ04
AG
I took 2 Nautical Archaeology classes. Both were amazing. One was taught by a former rock and roll drummer, can't remember his name (he was an older gentleman then) , or the name of his ban but it was a fairly well known one (at least I had heard of them). This would have been 2003 maybe?
Ag_of_08
AG
Are you talking about Wayne Smith? Believe he was a musician at one point to.

Man did anything and everything you can imagine. Sat and spoke with him about the parents he had at one point. Amazing person!
JABQ04
AG
Just googled him and yes it was him. Man that was an awesome class he gave. Looked up his bio and damn your right, that man did everything.
annie88
AG
Ag_of_08 said:

Are you talking about Wayne Smith? Believe he was a musician at one point to.

Man did anything and everything you can imagine. Sat and spoke with him about the parents he had at one point. Amazing person!
Wayne Smith took some photos for several projects I worked on, and he indeed is a musician and interesting fellow, I haven't seen him in a few years, but he's an original, that's for sure.

And that shipwreck is major cool. I LOVE that stuff. It's as if it just sunk and everything as it fell in some ways. I too wish I'd gone into nautical history, research, archaeology or engineering.
annie88
AG
Reed McDonald 92 said:

Fascinating discovery. I should have studied nautical archaeology while at A&M.
Reed McDonald is haunted. Creepy ass building.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.