Aztec Death Whistle

3,799 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by www.com
Rongagin71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is this what we need to intimidate our rivals?

ABATTBQ87
AG
Rebel yell was intimidating during the civil war
Rongagin71
AG
Yeah, there is a whole history of "war noises".
A European thing called a "bullroarer" was supposed to be used by Druids, the Mongols used arrows designed to make noise, and the German divebomber scream was done on purpose to panic refugees into blocking roads.
Cen-Tex
AG
I don't think it made an impact on Cortez
Aggies Revenge
AG
Nothing strikes fear into the masses like the echoing yell of OOHRAH when Marines are released on a 72 hour libbo.
BrazosBendHorn
Rongagin71 said:

Yeah, there is a whole history of "war noises".
A European thing called a "bullroarer" was supposed to be used by Druids, the Mongols used arrows designed to make noise, and the German divebomber scream was done on purpose to panic refugees into blocking roads.
Funny thing about the sirens on the Ju-87 Stukas, the early version of the device made noise whenever there was sufficient air flow (like at cruising speed, not just in dives), much to the extreme annoyance of the Stuka crews. A later version could be turned off/on by a switch. The sirens were vulnerable to shearing off during tight turns or dive recovery (not a good thing). According to the video below, they weren't used after 1941

In any case, the Stuka siren noise has become a part of popular culture, often being used in movies and tv shows when an aircraft is in a deep dive. (kind of the airborne equivalent of the "Wilhelm Scream")

Rongagin71
AG
So this shows a bullroarer in action and it's okay for ancient times but not going to replace electronics:

Eliminatus
AG
Aggies Revenge said:

Nothing strikes fear into the masses like the echoing yell of OOHRAH when Marines are released on a 72 hour libbo.

Mainly their COs.... Wishing it will not be THEIR Marine/s when the inevitable phone call comes in that weekend.

"Are you the CO of Private Schmuckatelli? Ok, we have him here at...."

87Flyfisher
AG
Interesting. My great grandfather made me a "Bullroarer" almost exactly like that when I was a kid.
EVA3
AG
Me too.
BQ78
AG
Aren't you supposed to put a hashtag in front of that?

And my sincere sorrow for your molestation.
EVA3
byfLuger41
AG
Jericho's Trumpet
2017 World Series Champions - Houston Astros
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Winged Hussars
"[When I was a kid,] I wanted to be a pirate. Thank God no one took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery."- Bill Maher
Rongagin71
AG
Memorial Day post of U.S.Army bugle calls:
www.com
Oh that is cool! Wonder if they sell at Guitar Center. lol
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.