Found this, impressed

2,793 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Liquid Wrench
yell_on_6th st
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Written by a student...

https://rudderreview.blogspot.com/2018/01/texas-university-traditions-in-jeopardy.html?m=1
Liquid Wrench
It's well written, but I would caution against accepting student activity tables as emblematic of the prevailing campus culture. By Junior and Senior years, the supermajority of students are focused on grades, social life, and jobs. I've also observed that progressive agitators are great at making their numbers seem larger than reality; it only takes 10-12 zealous sophomores to man tables for a half dozen "groups" rattling for their cause of the day. Don't assume that there are hundreds of passionate students standing behind the one or two at each table. Most of the time, it really is just the one or two at each table who really care.
Rongagin71
AG
I had never thought about a statue for Perry, but depending on how the rest of his career goes, it could happen eventually.
First Aggie governor, longest serving gov, etc...
CanyonAg77
AG
Rongagin71 said:

I had never thought about a statue for Perry, but depending on how the rest of his career goes, it could happen eventually.
will probably have to wait until folks forget his Presidential run.
Sapper Redux
Rongagin71 said:

I could only support this if a plaque listing his accomplishments ends by saying "... I've forgotten the last one."
Ag_EQ12
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Rongagin71 said:

I could only support this if a plaque listing his accomplishments ends by saying "... I've forgotten the last one."

"Oops"
Rabid Cougar
AG
From the kids my son hung out with, it's not a very "rural" student body anymore.
He was a fISH Camp big kahuna. Their big thing is to be very accepting and all inclusive. They go out of their way to choose counselors of different "persuasions". Not that there is anything wrong with that.........
He was cool with it even though he didn't agree with their viewpoints.
JR69
AG
Rongagin71 said:

Lawrence Sullivan Ross, 1838-1898, Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman, Brigadier General CSA, Governor of Texas, President of the A&M College..........

Maybe Perry can be #2
CanyonAg77
AG
JR69 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Lawrence Sullivan Ross, 1838-1898, Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman, Brigadier General CSA, Governor of Texas, President of the A&M College..........

Maybe Perry can be #2
Baylor Grad
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
JR69 said:

Rongagin71 said:

Maybe Perry can be #2

Ross wasn't an Aggie.
JABQ04
AG
NM
JR69
AG
OOPS! You guys are right - my bad! Brain fart.
AmericanAg1776
Rabid Cougar
AG
Should add "Citizen of Cameron". If you ever drive through Cameron his family's house was where the old band stand is located in the city park right next to the highway (36/77). The spring is still there too.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

but that the more conservative ones have somewhat been lost in the fray and are seen as more controversial.
You should have seen the warm reception YCT/Aggie Conservatives were receiving back around 2000-2002.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.