History of Texas A&M, 1951

1,453 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggie63
BillE1976
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While in Abilene over Christmas Holiday, found a book in an antique store. "Story of Texas A&M" by George Sessions Perry. It was written for the 75th year for A&M. Just started reading it. However was wondering if anyone out there knew more of the history of the book or George Sessions?

On a side note , a sticker inside the book states the book was given to Earl Glenn Rose for his contribution to the 1951 Texas A&M Development Fund. One thing to note in the book and on the sticker the school name is always printed as Texas A and M? when did it start to be printed A&M?
93Spur
The College was using "Texas A&M" by at least 1928.
George Sessions Perry did his own thing.
OldArmy71
AG
I have that book on my bookshelf. My father '44 must have bought a copy when it came out. I read sections of it over and over again when I was growing up. The section on football is great.
Aggie63
AG
Perry had no personal connections with A&M. He had published one well received fiction book I believe and found some status by publishing articles I believe in either Life or Look magazines. He suffered from depression and I believe mysteriously disappeared or drowned in a nearby river to his home. Do A google search for him by name for details. (I am a bit fuzzy on them since its been a while since I looked at his bio).
The book you mentioned, I have, and I found it quite comprehensive and very well done. Very detailed.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.