Crime in Britain before/after WW2

1,352 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Apache
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I just finished watching this documentary on the crime in London before WW2 and after the war started.

Crime had become so rampant that, I was at a loss for words.

No wonder foreigners are not to be trusted.

The most honest, do right person in Britain couldn't be trusted after the place was bombed. It was a modern day Venezuela over there in Britain.

We cannot allow dictators to thrive. Maduro, and Jong Un have to go before it's too late. It' it's in the public's interest that they be stopped while we are ahead. Both of them deserve to be placed right up there with Hitler.

In the documentary people were willing to do certain "favors" for meat butchers to get a little bit more food on the table.

~sigh~
aalan94
AG
Cue Mel Brooks saying "It's good to be the butcher."
dds08
AG
The documentaries that come on American History Channel are quite interesting and informative.

Charles Sabini was the name IIRC.
Apache
AG
Quote:

So I just finished watching this documentary on the crime in London before WW2 and after the war started.

Crime had become so rampant that, I was at a loss for words.
Can you expand? I interpret this as to mean crime was high before the war & once it started it went down.
Makes sense... tens of thousands being shipped off to war, everyone employed & pulling together for a common cause.

Listened to a podcast the other day with Sebastian Junger & mentioned that while the blitz was going on, admissions to hospitals for mental issues, depression, etc. and suicides went down to almost nothing. Everyone was supportive & felt needed during the war. After WWII rates spiked right back up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.