Vietnam Wall--THIS IS AMAZING!

3,247 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by coupland boy
Aggie1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.virtualwall.org/iStates.htm

This is really sobering.

First click on a state. When it opens, scroll down to the city where you went to high school and look at the names. Click on the name and it will give details of the person's death, a picture or at least their bio and medals.
This really is an amazing web site. Someone spent a lot of time and effort to create it.

I hope that everyone who receives this appreciates what those who served in Vietnam sacrificed for our country.

Pass the link on to others, as many knew wonderful people whose names are listed.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Texas Aggie John Baldridge

http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BaldridgeJR01a.htm
SRBS
Golly that's awesome
BQ78
AirplaneAg09
AG
This is really fascinating, thanks for posting.
wildcat08
AG
That is a tremendous resource. My thanks also for your posting it.
dcbowers
AG
That is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Corporal Punishment
AG
Great post, thank you...

Striking how much our great state has changed since Vietnam. For example, Plano was a small town back then and had "only" four deaths. Lamesa had over twice that with nine.

Also, is there a tool like this for WWI?
tmaggies
AG
Wow no names from Austin County...blessed!
87Flyfisher
AG
Corporal Punishment said:

Great post, thank you...

Striking how much our great state has changed since Vietnam. For example, Plano was a small town back then and had "only" four deaths.
One of them, Lt. Russell Steindam was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Texas Aggie Bruno Arthur Hochmuth

45-70Ag
AG
Before he passed away, i knew someone who knew Hochmuth having served with him during the Korean War and after.

He spoke highly of him and was devastated when he was killed in a helicopter crash. He always cried when he spoke of him.
coupland boy
AG
Thanks for the link.

As one would imagine there are a lot of small towns with one or two KIA. Our town of Taylor had one -
Cecil Queen. We don't currently have anything to honor him. I'll do some searching around as to how some of these towns memorialized those they lost.

I'm looking for ideas to propose to the City and local American Legion. Would much appreciate any help. Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.