Viking Sword Found in Norway

2,609 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by VanZandt92
Madman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://secretsoftheice.com/news/2017/09/05/viking-sword/

Quote:

Lars Pil
Posted on September 5, 2017
On Friday, we received the incredible news that a sword had been found at high altitude in our county. The discovery was made during reindeer hunting. The pictures accompanying the news were just stunning. One of them showed a hunter holding an extremely well preserved Viking sword.
CS78
My impression is suspicious story and way too much active new rust for it to be that old and in that good of shape. But looks like it's being accepted by the pros as good.

Some more discussion/ links on it- http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=23128
Ulrich
Meh. I'll be impressed when they find one in Missouri.
Ulrich
... also, count me as suspicious. A single artifact in that condition and location?
74OA
AG
"It may seem strange for the sword to have survived on the surface for more than one thousand years. However, to all appearances this is what happened here. Isolated finds of well-preserved iron arrowheads are also known from the high mountains, and some of these artefacts are even older than the sword. The preservation is probably due to a combination of the quality of the iron, the high altitude and the mostly cold conditions. For most of the year, the find spot would have been frozen over and covered in snow."

Also beautiful......
VanZandt92
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
So was this ever determined to be real or fake? Amazing if this is real.....
VanZandt92
PvL-Vorbeck07 said:

So was this ever determined to be real or fake? Amazing if this is real.....

Sounded real to me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.