Ike's & Patton's Mentor - a General you probably have never heard of

2,563 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EMY92
Post removed:
by user
Aggies Revenge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Fox was also a mentor of Ike's and was instrumental in talking him into staying in the Army. ( I should have read the whole OP before jumping in with my Horshack impersonation)

Several good books out there on him.

RPag
I consider myself fairly we read and I don't think I have ever heard of him. Going on my amazon list.
dcbowers
AG
Stephen Ambrose's biography of Ike mentions Fox Conner prominently. I have been looking for a biography of Conner. Thanks.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aggies Revenge
AG
Early on in my professional history career/ education, I had a prof ask me something that continues to stick with me and directs my research.

"Who taught the WWII Generals how to learn from their experiences and think forward." Basically, who taught the teachers and where did they develop their ideas. From that day, I have been looking more at the PME systems in the Marines than actual battles and plans.

I won't lie, I still take a peak and salivate at logistics from time to time.

See, there is always hope for us old grunts!
WBBQ74
AG
Ike's book "At Ease" mentions Fox Conner in several chapters on how he was mentored. Read it back in my high school days. I will look for the book shown above to add to my military library. There are lots of fascinating books on the US Army in the pre WWI and in between WWI and WWII years.
EMY92
AG
Aggies Revenge said:

Fox was also a mentor of Ike's and was instrumental in talking him into staying in the Army. ( I should have read the whole OP before jumping in with my Horshack impersonation)

Several good books out there on him.

Just bought this for my Kindle, currently $2.51.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.