Going to Afghanistan

2,790 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aalan94
aalan94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My orders are in and I'm deploying to Afghanistan in 3 months. In case you don't remember, I'm a reservist. Did Iraq 10 years ago and have done bits in Korea, Japan, the Philippines and Australia in between. I now have to do one more of the suck countries to get off the hit list, so I picked Afghan.

Anyway, we talked about having a history forum get-together sometime so I wanted to follow up and see if you guys are up for it before I go. Picking a date at random, I'm thinking July 15 or 22 weekend in the Williamson County area. Could do a BBQ at my place or something. What say you?

SRBS
Gosh, knew you were a historion but didn't know you were serving. Stay safe!
I'm a KCBS Master BBQ judge and would love to attend but geography is a slight problem.
Come back whole friend.
oldarmy76
Thanks for your service! I don't post too much here, but lurk daily. I'm in wilco as well and would be like to meet some of the geniuses that post here.
rugger74
AG
I would be interested as well although I post rarely. Also live in Wilco.
who?mikejones
AG
I'm in
Apache
AG
The 22nd is out for me but I might be able to do the 15th.
You have kids now right Aalan?
Rabid Cougar
AG
aalan94 said:

My orders are in and I'm deploying to Afghanistan in 3 months. In case you don't remember, I'm a reservist. Did Iraq 10 years ago and have done bits in Korea, Japan, the Philippines and Australia in between. I now have to do one more of the suck countries to get off the hit list, so I picked Afghan.

Anyway, we talked about having a history forum get-together sometime so I wanted to follow up and see if you guys are up for it before I go. Picking a date at random, I'm thinking July 15 or 22 weekend in the Williamson County area. Could do a BBQ at my place or something. What say you?

Been there, done that. Abad (FOB Wright), Kunar Province. 2011.

In Waco. I 'm good with those dates.
BQ78
AG
I could handle both dates.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
My brother's over there right now. Any whispers of where you might be headed? Yes, I know three months is a long way off for that sort of information.....
OldArmy71
AG
Good grief. Stay safe.
Sapper Redux
Best of luck. Keep your head down.
titan
S

Do you mean Georgetown area? Mid-July? Hmmm!

Good Luck and may your deployments be worthy of your service and well-considered of the troops and mission first.
Cen-Tex
AG
Would also like to meet other history forum folks. Have prior commitments. God Speed.
JABQ04
AG
I might be able to good it over from Houston if I sell it right with the wife. Should be clear both dates y'all posted. BTW any info on the Old Coupland Dancehall? Came across my Facebook feed and looks pretty cool. Wife might like that

And of course be safe over there. I'd love to send you a box of stuff once you get your APO and set up.
TRD-Ferguson
AG
Would love to attend, listen and learn from y'all. July 15 works.
aalan94
AG
I know where I'm going, but I won't post it online.

Let's pencil in the 15th, since that seems to be the best date. I'll shoot you guys another note when we get closer.

aggie orbitalwelder
VanZandt92
I live in North Carolina or else I'd come. Plus I think I'm on call. I pray you stay safe over there and I hope you can continue posting.
aalan94
AG
Alright guys. Can't make the 15th, because I've got to go down to Goliad and get a personal tour of the Presidio La Bahia. I know. Sucks. But maybe we can shoot for next weekend.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.