Conroe, TX

2,352 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by byfLuger41
jswags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was going through some old family photos and found this pic of Buster Brown selling Blue Ribbon shoes at the J. Wahrenberger General Merchandise Store in Conroe.

Dated April 6th, 1910. Times have definitely changed.

jswags
AG
[img]<a href=[/img]" />
tmaggies
Cen-Tex
AG
Neat your family kept a photo of the Buster Brown event. Just 10 months later, the Conroe Fire of 1911 destroyed this store and more than 60 other businesses. Wahrenberger built a new store in 1913.

historical marker describing the fire
BQ78
AG
Were Blue Ribbon Shoes like the new iPhone?

I know what Buster Brown was, used to wear them, but what were the Blue Ribboned Shoes, all I could see on Google was that was the name of the factory in St. Louis.
Cen-Tex
AG
BQ78
These are a pair of 1910 Buster Brown Blue Ribboned high top shoes that were found in a store on Colorado w/a $2 price tag. The Buster Brown Shoe Co. became Caleres Inc. in 2015. Found these pics on the Southwest Spirit Antiques website.

61/4" tall, 91/2" long

The Buster Brown logo is impressed in the sole. There is also a Star 5 Star mark on the sole that guaranteed the owner $5 and a new pair of shoes if they felt uncomfortable before the mark wore off.

BQ78
AG
Thanks, I bet there aren't many of those left that pristine.
byfLuger41
AG
Any more old Conroe photos?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.