MI6 Head Traitor ID

1,217 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While reading Cornwall's ( LeCarre ) "The Pigeon Tunnel " , I realized I could not remember the book which

ended with the id of the suspected MI6 head traitor ! ( age factor +I have many books on Spies ) Any help

appreciated .

Highly recommend The Pigeon Tunnel - about Cornwall's work in MI6 . His Dad was one of the greatest

Con men - pulls no punches
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Further, it's possible the man was Roger Hollis MI5 - Peter Wright wrote "SpyCatcher" in which he accused Hollis of working for Russia. I have this book but it is not the one in question.

Will post when I find it !
AgRyan04
Kim Philby or George Blake?
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
AgRyan04 said:

Kim Philby or George Blake?
Definitely traitors but not head men !
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Just finished for the second time William Buckley's "Spytime - The undoing of James Jesus Angleton "-a novel but heavily based on facts.

On the last page after Angleton Deputy Head of the CIA is fired by William Colby Director of Central Intelligence , Angleton reveals that Colby is the " Fifth Man " or traitor long sought after but unknown who directed events inimical to US interests.

It is probable this is the book I asked about in my post - doubt if two books would end up in the same way.

Strongly recommend this book by Buckley done in 2000. Colby was found drowned after he went on a solo canoe excursion.. There are numerous reasons expounded upon by various officials ranging from murder,

suicide or accident.

Thanks everybody for your interest - the whole CIA, MI5, Mi6, KGB business is intriguing and lots of times unbelievable. As a side note, I was on leave in East Berlin before the Wall as a 1stLt at the Russian Memorial - six months later a 1st Lt. was grabbed by the Russians at that Memorial and held for several months. No particular reason. Stuff happens !
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.