Nelson Miles and Sitting Bull have a Discussion on History of the Souix.

1,361 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
Rabid Cougar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I recently saw this on FB and was surprised that it didn't cause some sort PC backlash.

Discussion

I never heard of this movie until I saw this excerpt .
BQ78
AG
TV miniseries it was meh.
JR69
AG
Russell Means as Sitting Bull. I actually like the guy, even if I disagree with him on most everything. At least the "costuming" is reasonably authentic
Rabid Cougar
AG
JR69 said:

Russell Means as Sitting Bull. I actually like the guy, even if I disagree with him on most everything. At least the "costuming" is reasonably authentic
I have a very good friend/former coworker, Larry Spisak, who is in a lot of articles in "Muzzleloader Magazine". He was one of the USACE living historians that did the L&C trips with me. He was an extra in "The Last of the Mohicans". He portrayed a British solider. He said most of the actors in that movie were very stand offish and some, Russell Means, pretty much horses asses when it cam to interacting with the extras. He said that Day -Lewis never went out of character. Larry said that he carried his rifle everywhere, even when he was not in costume. He said the most personable actor was Wes Studi, Magua. He would come and eat with the extras and interact with them about their experiences as living historians and such. He was the extras "favorite".

Larry is also a hell of a gun maker.

http://www.contemporarylongriflefoundation.org/cgi-bin/2012news.cgi?record=2
OldArmy71
AG
That's not Russell Means. Someone named August Schellenberg.
JR69
AG
Oops - yep, you're right.
samatron
tmaggies
AG
The above video is such BS.......
Rabid Cougar
AG
tmaggies said:

The above video is such BS.......
^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.