account of the Alamo pre-battle

1,917 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by plowboy1065
TW78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.tamu.edu/faculty/ccbn/dewitt/sthland1.htm

this account by my ancestor Dr John Sutherland may interest some of you. There may be more in this link if you look but I am not savvy to how that works.
Whiskey Before Breakfast
AG
A friend of mine in Tennessee just days ago sent this to me. . Good read.
OldSaltAg
Martin Cash
AG
Just finished reading The Blood of Heroes and much of this story is repeated, almost verbatim.
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
I am curious what some of the Texas history experts think of this as a source for the pre-battle of the Alamo situation in Texas.

Thanks in advance.
TW78
AG
My great mother was a Sutherland and married a Bossier of Bossier City. We had at one time many original letters from both sides including civil war notes where bodies were left behind and several wills etc. a woman from south La. borrowed/stole these in order to write a book which we do not think was ever wrkitten. She did keep the papers tho. My great grandmother was in her 90s and just didnt know better. The Bossier Auto folks are from one of the sons that did make it out of the civil war but settled in Hearn and not in La.near Mansfield where the family was at that time. Thought that might interest someone.
plowboy1065
S
Awesome read and thanks for sharing. I have an ancestor that died at the Alamo. He was wounded at the Battle of Bexar and likely never recovered enough to fight
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.