Stonewall Jackson and slavery

5,102 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jickyjack1
tallgrant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I would agree that whether slavery is considered noble is somewhat in our interpretation of the quote I provided.

jickyjack1 said:

That there might well be more period quotations to demonstrate your position than to demonstrate mine is likely. This, even if the case, if far from validating such position as representative of the entire South. .

It's hard to represent the entire south consideringi t contained some Unionists. But I chose my quote because I felt it demonstrated a pretty pervasive sentiment.

It's from the Texas ordinance of secession.
OverSeas AG
AG
Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess
jickyjack1
tallgrant said:

I would agree that whether slavery is considered noble is somewhat in our interpretation of the quote I provided.

jickyjack1 said:

That there might well be more period quotations to demonstrate your position than to demonstrate mine is likely. This, even if the case, if far from validating such position as representative of the entire South. .

It's hard to represent the entire south consideringi t contained some Unionists. But I chose my quote because I felt it demonstrated a pretty pervasive sentiment.

It's from the Texas ordinance of secession.

You are very clever.

I don't, however, think I'd change any of my observations, notwithstanding the Texas Ordinance of Secession.
jickyjack1
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.