Just found out making a magazine cover

1,445 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by NormanAg
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'll post again later, but I will be on the cover of Our State magazine in North Carolina, which is like a Texas Monthly, but much more touristy and without political articles. This is for Rev War reenacting in this case. Will post in March or April.

The pictures in the spread are similar to ones I've posted here, but I sat for the cover spread, which is me with a Continental uniform torso and head with a musket and bayonet grimacing and a blue background. Opposite me is a redcoat with red background.
SRBS
Cool!!
ja86
NormanAg
AG
My wife and I met a lot of Civil War reenactors when we lived in Wash DC and visited a lot of Civil War battle sites. They were fun people who did a LOT of research on the Civil War. We learned it was a whole lot more involved than just "dressing up".

I imagine that being a Revolutionary War reenactor is much more involved because there aren't near as many sources of historical data from that time.

Being chosen to represent your "hobby" on a magazine cover is quite an honor and something to be very proud of.
Sapper Redux
NormanAg said:

My wife and I met a lot of Civil War reenactors when we lived in Wash DC and visited a lot of Civil War battle sites. They were fun people who did a LOT of research on the Civil War. We learned it was a whole lot more involved than just "dressing up".

I imagine that being a Revolutionary War reenactor is much more involved because there aren't near as many sources of historical data from that time.

Being chosen to represent your "hobby" on a magazine cover is quite an honor and something to be very proud of.

Rev War reenactos tend to be better overall in their impressions than Civil War reenactors. Civil War guys have a huge division between the "hard core" and "farb" wings of the hobby. But if you find good Civil War reenactors they are impressive to talk to. There are books out there that detail nothing more than buttons and button holes on Civil War uniforms that these guys read.
VanZandt92
I've only done Rev War and Rabid Cougar is more an authority than I, but it is difficult to get right. Many of our items are handmade, but that takes time.

I would say we do try and avoid the farby. For instance, we've been invited to a historical weekend in Charleston, but apparently there is also some sort of pirate event going on. We can not abide some farby ass pirates walking through our camp. So we won't be going.
wesag
AG
NormanAg
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.