For the Descendants of WORLD WAR I veterans from A&M and Brazos County

1,451 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
JPB83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
On January 10, 2017 the Brazos County World War I Centennial Committee was formed to recognize and commemorate the sacrifice and service of our local citizens in this conflict. This initial group brings together interested persons from the Brazos Valley Memorial Park, Museum of the American G.I., American Legion, Texas A&M Archives, Daughters of the American Revolution, Research Ramblers and history scholars. There is an incredible amount of rich history associated with A&M and the local area and we are currently seeking copies of veteran photographs, letters and any other memorabilia (to be photographed) for projected exhibits and possible future publications that interested family members would be willing to share.

"They say veterans die twice. The first time is when you put them in the ground. The second time is when you forget them." Joan Ludwig

Help us ensure that they are not forgotten.

Thanks,
John P. Blair '83, Ph.D.
Chairman
archivistgreg
I am working with John on this group and also with the Texas WWI Centennial Commencement Group. I will also say that Cushing Library would welcome donations of original materials to preserve these Aggies contributions to the Nation and World.

Greg Bailey
University Archivist
aalan94
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.