More balls than you can ever dream to possess.

2,029 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by BrazosBendHorn
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The biggest balls in history belong to WWI fIghter pilots.
Mort Rainey
Anyone ever play blue max aces of the Great War back in the day? loved that game
SBISA Victim
AG
Nah bro. I have never heard of it but I did watch YouTube videos of it and it looks good. I'm kind of a WolfPack man myself.
aalan94
AG
Ernst Udet had no shortage of balls. Picks up a scarf off the ground with his wing, then a dead stick landing:

Biplane Dead Stick Landing Ernst Udet - Chicago International Air Races 1933

Liquid Wrench
I recently watched The Great Waldo Pepper for the first time and was curious how crazy the real barnstoming pilots were. Pretty crazy, I guess.
aalan94
AG
They were crazy, but when you think of it, they're only crashing into barns at 40 mph or so. What's most amazing is the wing walkers. There are still around. There was a girl killed a couple of years ago when the plane she was on crashed.
BrazosBendHorn
Quote:

I recently watched The Great Waldo Pepper for the first time and was curious how crazy the real barnstoming pilots were. Pretty crazy, I guess.
Supposedly the Ernst Kessler character in The Great Waldo Pepper was based on Ernst Udet ...
BrazosBendHorn
And then there was Lothar von Richthofen, the Red Baron's kid brother ...

Quote:

The Red Baron had a younger brother named Lothar, who experts believe was probably a more formidable pilot than the Baron himself. His kill count was "only" 40, half of his brother's, but Lothar also just did not give a s###. In one engagement, he went flying head-on against a more heavily armed British plane, the two pouring machine gun bullets into one another, trying to see who would die first. (Note: It wasn't Lothar.) The man seemed to be in it just for the insanity. Or, as the Baron himself wrote about Lothar, "If my brother does not have at least one success on every flight he gets tired of the whole thing."

You might wonder how a man could take such continuous insane risks without crashing eventually. To which we reply, who said he never crashed? His biography reads like a documentary of the war's top ten most horrifying fighter crash landings, and he spent much of the war in hospital wards.

Again and again he went down. And again and again, he went up. After every skeleton-pulping plane crash he was subjected to, Lothar von Richthofen jumped straight up, ripped off his casts and got his a## right back into a fighter plane. The real world, as a general rule, doesn't work like the cartoons -- a toon pilot who crashes every episode might be funny, but in reality you can pull that s### maybe twice. But you couldn't tell that to Lothar.

But surely his stunts eventually killed him, right? Of course not. He would outlive his much more careful brother. Lothar did die in a plane crash -- but it was an engine failure in a commercial plane, years after his comfortable retirement as a mail carrier.

Der Link
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.