Best History Podcasts?

6,289 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by VanZandt92
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Again Walter Edgar Journal for Southern history.

VanZandt92
I think it would be great for folks to recommend specific episodes also.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
VanZandt92 said:

It's hard to recommend individual episodes since most of the podcasts are in Chronological order. It would be like only reading one random chapter out of a book.

Dan Carlin does specific topics but they are usually 3 or 4 hours long each episode so they are more like audio books than podcasts.
Silky Johnston
I recently started listening to a podcast called Our Fake History. It talks about different myths or legends in history that may or may not be true. I listened to the two part episode on whether the Aztecs thought Cortes was a god. Thought it was well done
VanZandt92
hennyj15 said:

VanZandt92 said:

It's hard to recommend individual episodes since most of the podcasts are in Chronological order. It would be like only reading one random chapter out of a book.

Dan Carlin does specific topics but they are usually 3 or 4 hours long each episode so they are more like audio books than podcasts.

Disagree. I've listened to NC Bits of History, Virginia Historical Society, Walter Edgar, lectures on Rev War, Williamsburg etc. None of these are in chronological order. The BBC ones are extensive and not in chronological order. I'd offer that chronological order podcasts are more an exception.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.