"Climb Mount Niitaka!",

1,227 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by CanyonAg77
Rabid Cougar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
02 Dec 1941.

Signal sent proceed to Hawaii.
p_bubel
The Original AG 76
AG
I grew up in the very shadow of WW2 . Usually about this time of year all the " grown ups" would start talking about where they were or who they lost etc. Didn't really have a Veterans Day and Nov 11 was Armistice Day so the time around Dec 7 ,and to a lesser extent the V Days ,was the " main event" of WW2 remembering. It was a fascinating time for us kids who loved the stories and usually involved the men bringing out the war trophies. I got to " play" with the jap saber and other items my dad brought back. Some kids had nazi stuff, a neighbor had a great Luger and a nazi flag, one had a helmet and some medals, lots of rifles ( amazing that none of them loaded themselves and caused mayhem)...... greatness....If you didn't grow up in a WW2 family you really can't understand just how overshadowing the war was.

It is so sad that they are virtually all gone and this week is just a chapter in a history book. IF you have any WW2 vets or home front heroes left in your family please reach out this week. Ask that great aunt about the home front. I found that the stories from my mom and grandmother were as fascinating as some of the vets stories.

What an era..God Bless Em.
CanyonAg77
AG
We had at one time, a business card signed by Fuchida. He survived the war and later went into Christian ministry. Don't know if we lost it or mom did. She did make Xerox copies, so maybe I can post one of those later.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.