PBS Pearl Harbor - Into the Arizona

1,561 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
ABATTBQ87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Navy divers and drones show the ship in 3d: check your listings
libertyag
AG
Well I am late to the party, but thanks for the heads up.
BQ_90
AG
Very moving, seeing the officers coat still hanging from a hanger was just amazing
The Original AG 76
AG
BQ_90 said:

Very moving, seeing the officers coat still hanging from a hanger was just amazing
That was amazing. They know which cabin they were in. I wonder if the Navy has the berthing assignments of the Arizona ? Not sure if such records were simply on board records or something that would also be on file ashore. Would be fantastic if the family of the officer could have the video of their ancestors actual last cabin.

The show about the Oklahoma before the Arizona show was also very well done. he heartbreaking segment about the rescue being cut short was hard to watch. I did not realize that they simply stopped cutting holes in the bottom and just allowed those men to slowly die. They only had a short mention about some " fear of gas" and an explosion that caused the Navy to stop any more drilling. I wish they would have fully explained since this really doesn't make any sense. How could they just stand there and listen to the continued banging on the hull by these men until they slowly horribly died over the next TWO WEEKS in total darkness and hopelessness. Horrific way to die.
Cen-Tex
AG
In your spare time
http://www.pbs.org/program/pearl-harbor-into-the-arizona/

expires 12/22
BQ78
AG
Both shows were great and worth your time to watch.
Cardiac Saturday
Rabid Cougar
AG
Very sobering.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.