31 November 1926

2,280 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
Rabid Cougar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sorry 31 October 1926

Senior Cadet Charlie M. Sessum '27 died of injuries sustained during a fight with Baylor students at half time of the A&M vs bu football game.

A&M and bu did not play each other for the next 5 years.
BQ78
AG
That date is messed up
CanyonAg77
AG
Well, Baylor is messed up, too. Today they just would have raped him.
Rabid Cougar
AG
yes.. Sorry 31 October. Was buried 2 November.
Centerpole90
AG
Anyone here '87-'90 and would have been at the yell the night before the 31-30 game?

There were some Baylor types running Kyle during that yell practice that ended up in the hospital.
ABATTBQ87
AG
Centerpole90 said:

Anyone here '87-'90 and would have been at the yell the night before the 31-30 game?

There were some Baylor types running Kyle during that yell practice that ended up in the hospital.

I don't remember that and I was standing in the end zone for yell practice
Centerpole90
AG
You probably had your back to it because y'all were all down in the horse shoe.

Who was it that used to wear Charlie's and white pots that policed the perimeter? Weren't they BQs? The practice was discontinued not long after this.
CanyonAg77
AG
Centerpole90 said:

You probably had your back to it because y'all were all down in the horse shoe.

Who was it that used to wear Charlie's and white pots that policed the perimeter? Weren't they BQs? The practice was discontinued not long after this.
The Bass players never carried their horns to Midnight Yell. They formed a perimeter at the back of the Band to keep idiots out of the BQs. And White pots = BQs.

The whole time I was at A&M, I never saw any A&M campus vandalism from t.u., TTceh, or any of the usual suspects.

Baylor? Every damn year.
Centerpole90
AG
Well hell, I thought I'd kept a Battalion clipping in my fish scrapbook, but I guess I didn't.

Anyway, my fish year the price for 'running Kyle' was pretty high. In particular I remember the Baylor game when a couple ill advised bears started their assault from somewhere under the scoreboard toward the horseshoe. Somewhere along the way they got caught and then carried off the field. I guess one of them decided he'd fight because as he was being carried off I remember seeing one of those white pots just going up and down, up and down - working this dude over. After yell we were making our way out and the guy was sitting along the sidewalk bleeding while his compatriots talked about what to do with him. What they ended up doing was taking him to the hospital. There were articles in the Batt afterwards and for the remainder of the season cadets were discouraged or disallowed from protecting Kyle field. Even the Tards stopped running Kyle in subsequent years because nobody put up a fight.

Forward fast about 25 years. I was on a community organization's board of trustees and we had recently hired a new executive about my age that was a Baylor grad. There were several Ags on our board and at a dinner one evening he was telling the group how he'd always struggled his feelings about A&M because....

his ROOMMATE once 'visited' an A&M yell practice and while he was 'standing on the field' some A&M Corps members had assaulted him and he ended up in the hospital. Unbelievable, I'd seen it all - it unfolded right in front of me. I almost spit up my food. In his defense he wasn't there, he only came to CS to retrieve his the injured party, and when I asked him later if he knew exactly what his roommate was doing - he did not. He was convinced that the guy got smoked for just standing around.
aalan94
AG
I remember a yell practice in the 90s when someone came on the field and got a beat down. I also remember a time when they put something in the cannon that made these fireballs that flew out of it, bounced off the turf, and into the stands. It looked like they fried people, but the heat had mostly dissipated by then and I think one guy had his eyebrows singed.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Centerpole90 said:

31-30 was the '86 game. I remember the game quite well.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.