CIVIL WAR WEEKEND LIENDO PLANTATION HEMPSTEAD, TX Nov.18-20

1,995 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rabid Cougar
TXCAV
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For any of you history buffs that are interested, inviting you all out to the Civil War Weekend at the historic Liendo Plantation. Event is scheduled for the weekend before Thanksgiving every year. This year for the general public it will be on Nov.19-20. Numerous things to see and do. Military and civilian camps, period cooking, wood working, blacksmithing, tours of the plantation house, and of course the main attraction a battle reenactment scenario that is completely made up and never happened.

Aside from all the farbisms, there are a good number of us that attempt to recreate history to the best of our ability, and this is one of our passions. Please come out and support living history.

http://liendoplantation.com/liendo/civil-war-weekend/
p_bubel
farbisms

You lean something new everyday.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Term's been around for a VERY long time. Opposite of "Thread Nazi"
Sapper Redux
Rabid Cougar said:

Thread Nazis can still be farbs. There are some very well dressed farbs out there.
Rabid Cougar
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Rabid Cougar said:

Thread Nazis can still be farbs. There are some very well dressed farbs out there.
Very true!

Although there are units who are Thread Nazis that have very strict uniform requirements and can often be mistaken for actual 1863 soliders. These people spend lots of time, money and effort to look very "real". .
Sapper Redux
Rabid Cougar said:

Dr. Watson said:

Rabid Cougar said:

Very true!

Although there are units who are Thread Nazis that have very strict uniform requirements and can often be mistaken for actual 1863 soliders. These people spend lots of time, money and effort to look very "real". .

Yep. I knew Rob Hodge reasonably well (the fellow portrayed in "Confederates in the Attic") and some of his group. They were an odd bunch, but very dedicated to looking the part. They would practice walking 10 miles or so barefoot so that they could do it at an event.
VanZandt92
Been thinking about Civil War reenacting, but not much time outside of Revolutionary War.

Camden this weekend.
Kugelfang52
I miss reenacting. I did it 17 years ago, but haven't been able to financially for so long. 135th Gettysburg and Chickamauga were awesome. Shiloh was...rainy.
TXCAV
Kugelfang52 said:

I miss reenacting. I did it 17 years ago, but haven't been able to financially for so long. 135th Gettysburg and Chickamauga were awesome. Shiloh was...rainy.
I was very young, but I was at the 135th Gburg in 98.
Rabid Cougar
AG
TXCAV said:

Kugelfang52 said:

I was very young, but I was at the 135th Gburg in 98.
Campaigned in the early '80s: 120th of Shiloh, 120th of Franklin, 125th of Manassas, 125th of Gettysburg.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.