Why do I feel the Nicholas Cage USS Indianapolis movie is going to be a

3,931 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
SBISA Victim
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
disappointment? Not to mention the ship they filmed on looks like the USS Alabama. Which to their credit they had to film on as there are no surviving Heavy Cruisers from WW2, but with all their CGI they couldn't even make it look like the right ship.
JABQ04
AG
Hoping that's not the case, but my expectations are low.

There was a made for TV movie called Mission of the Shark from the early 90s about the Indianapolis. It was ok.
Ulrich
Because it has Nicholas Cage in it.
Sapper Redux
I would watch if he played one of the sharks. But not pretending to be a real human being.
clarythedrill
I have low expectations from anything with Nicolas Cage. Will wait for it online most likely. It is a great story that needs to be told, I just wonder why he was picked for one of the lead characters?
InnerCityAg
quote:

This will be great if Nick Cage is eaten by a shark early in the movie.
JABQ04
AG
quote:
quote:

This will be great if Nick Cage is eaten by a shark early in the movie.

Pretty sure he plays Captain McVay so I don't think it will happen. (Sure as hell shouldn't happen). However this is Hollywood so........
terata
AG
Because Cage is a mediocre actor.
SRBS
Rented it tonight.
Unwatchable tripe in the first ten minutes. So sad.
Eject button hit.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Almost reserved this through RedBox but thankfully read a list of really awful reviews. Saved myself a buck and some change on that one.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Sounds like a good candidate for my upcoming 14 hour flight to the USA. I hope they have it on the plane.
JABQ04
AG
I wouldn't recommend it. But maybe being trapped on a plane with no way to escape is the only way to force someone to watch it.
gigemhilo
AG
Terrible movie - terrible acting, terrible cinematography, TERRIBLE CGI, terrible script....the history aspect of it was the only thing that made me hold on as long as I did. Even so, I couldnt finish.
The Original AG 76
AG
please please please
dont let them screw up DUNKIRK ...

please

sooooo looking forward to this one.
BrazosBendHorn
Perhaps someday someone will make a movie about the USS Indianapolis that focuses on the (fictional) young Quint who survives the ordeal and goes on to despise/harass/murder sharks. (kind of surprised they haven't already done this.)
Sh-to-the-Izzo
AG
That is a golden idea but I could see Hollywood ****ing it all up with something titled like 'A Jaws Story: The Origins of Quint'

P.H. Dexippus
AG
This movie showed up on my Netflix. It's clear that whoever wrote this script was hoping to replicate Pearl Harbor. And they even came up short on that low bar.
JABQ04
AG
Finally watching the whole thing and 10 minutes into it and it sucks so bad
aalan94
AG
I agree with JABQ04. I pulled it up on Netflix last night and I wasn't 5 minutes in and the CGI was...well, to call it Mickey Mouse is to disparage the incredible computer imagery skills of Mickey Mouse.
JABQ04
AG
Aalan, I've powers through all but the last half hour since yesterday and it is absolutely atrocious. I mean, if it wasn't such a moving story incident I would almost assume it was a B movie made for the Sci - Fi channel. Horrible acting, CGI, script, research. Bad all around.
JR69
AG
terata said:

Because Cage is a mediocre actor.
I liked him in Windtalkers but I honestly can't think of another
JABQ04
AG
Raising Arizona. And I do like the national treasure movies
JR69
AG
JABQ04 said:

Oh yeah! I forgot about those.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
JABQ04 said:

Yeah, those were good movies. The Rock and Con-Air also. So glad his Superman appearance never got off the drawing board.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The Original AG 76 said:

please please please
dont let them screw up DUNKIRK ...

please

sooooo looking forward to this one.
That is my second-most anticipated movie this year (behind the next Star Wars). Coming from the guy who made the Dark Knight movies and Interstellar, among others, I really don't think he will screw this up. The previews look spot on, even down to details such as how some Spitfires were painted black-and-white on their undersides.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.