Bryan AFB

9,616 Views | 44 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bobbranco
NITESIDE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've got some old BAFB stuff somewhere in the attic...can't remember what it is...seems like it was a hat or teeshirts...something like that. Got them years ago when Conways Mens store closed down and they found a bunch of stuff in their attic.
Think it was stuff left over from their lobbing campaign to get the Academy.
Someday, I'm going to climb up in that sattic and see what's really there and what I just imagined was there.
LWInk2
When you find it, let me photograph it and put it on Project HOLD.
terata
AG
For niteside and lwink2....kudos!
NITESIDE
I have a friend who most certainly has some info on BAFB, but it will be hard for me to get him motavated...I'll try.
One other thing. Have you tried the old Carnegie Library in downtown Bryan? I can't remember exactly where, but I saw a collection on that stuff somewhere in years gone by.
Rudybryan
quote:
Have you tried the old Carnegie Library in downtown Bryan?

Project Hold has all of their photos posted on their web site.
DevilD77
AG
All I can tell you is that back in my day, BAFB was the home of Parson's Mounted Cavalry!
pilgrim82
AG
I was the last baby born at BAFB hospital...4/23/1958!
LWInk2
Pilgrim, are you still available to chat about Bryan Air Base history? I know someone who is compiling some of that history for a website and videos. Would you share your contact info with me? Anne Boykin lwink2@aol.com
Vestal_Flame
AG
I visited Lake Geneva about a year ago. The place is incredibly beautiful, but the weather strikes me as a terrible choice for the Air Force Academy.
pilgrim82
AG
LWInk2 said:

Pilgrim, are you still available to chat about Bryan Air Base history? I know someone who is compiling some of that history for a website and videos. Would you share your contact info with me? Anne Boykin lwink2@aol.com
Lwink2...I sent you an email...let me know if received...
bobbranco
AG
nm
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.