Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Functional mushrooms (lions mane, cordyceps, etc.)

750 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by FancyKetchup14
Marsh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't seen a thread on this so I wanted to get the opinion of the board.

I've recently started taking a functional mushroom "microdose". I'm not looking to promote any company or brand but happy to say what I'm using if anyone is interested. Instead, I just have the ingredients list

I usually take 1-2 about an hour before my workout. I have never been an energy drink or pre-workout supplement fan but, after reading about the two main ingredients of these (lions mane and cordyceps) and the lack of overall detrimental ingredients, I gave them a shot. Frankly, even if I felt no difference in my workout, I thought the benefits of lions mane and cordyceps would be worth trying it out.

Long story short, I've been pleasantly surprised... It's not some jiterry explosion of energy but does seem to provide at least a little boost to my workout.

Any thoughts on the ingredients list or things to be wary of? Any negatives that I'm missing (either with the mushrooms or other ingredients)? Anyone tried others or recommend something else?
AggieOO
Marsh said:

I usually take 1-2 about an hour before my workout. I have never been an energy drink or pre-workout supplement fan but, after reading about the two main ingredients of these (lions mane and cordyceps) and the lack of overall detrimental ingredients, I gave them a shot. Frankly, even if I felt no difference in my workout, I thought the benefits of lions mane and cordyceps would be worth trying it out.

so this is how it all starts...you've got less than 24 hours.

P.U.T.U
AG
First Endurance Optygen HP has cordyceps and Rhodiola in it that I used to take before races, it also has caffeine so can't say if it was that or the other ingredients that made it work. if the dosage of cordyceps is high enough you get a tingle in your muscles which takes some getting used to.
FancyKetchup14
AG
I drink Chaga and Lions Mane just about everyday in my coffee. Love them both.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.