Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

IIH (Idiopathic intracranial HTN)

483 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by JBLHAG03
aznaggiegirl07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, i went in for a routine eye exam in December, and they saw that my optic nerve was inflamed. They suspected drusen or IIH, but the MRI came back negative for drusen or tumors(which is great), but i have a spinal tap scheduled for next week.

Boo.
dcbowers
AG
So sorry to hear this. It's none of my business, but are you overweight? One of the risk factors for IIH or pseudo-tumor cerebri is obesity, and it often improves with weight loss.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bigtruckguy3500
Do you get frequent headaches? Worse in the morning, worse when leaning forward? Was this an optometrist or ophtalmologist that did your eye exam?
aznaggiegirl07
AG
dcbowers said:

So sorry to hear this. It's none of my business, but are you overweight? One of the risk factors for IIH or pseudo-tumor cerebri is obesity, and it often improves with weight loss.

No, def not. Could I lose a few pounds? Yes
aznaggiegirl07
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

Do you get frequent headaches? Worse in the morning, worse when leaning forward? Was this an optometrist or ophtalmologist that did your eye exam?

Optometrist then referee me to an ophthalmologist
JBLHAG03
AG
I dealt with this and saw three different neuro ophthalmologists. I had a spinal tap, took 6 pills a day for several years, etc. The last doctor finally figured out damage was from taking accutane in my teens - intracranial hypertension is a side effect. I got off all the meds s several years ago and vision is stable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.