Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Are Neuropathy Clinics Legit?

664 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Gabster43213
Gabster43213
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If not, what type of doctor should I meet with to discuss neuropathy in my feel?
swampstander
AG
I have had it in my left big toe for ten years or so. It comes and goes mostly at night. When I am having an attack it's almost impossible to get to sleep because it feels like someone is jabbing me in the toe with a thumbtack. The pain is not great but enough to rouse me out of my slumber. The attacks have been more frequent recently 3-4 nights / week so I talked to my personal Dr. about it. He did some sensory tests with a vibrating tuning fork device and confirmed the diagnosis. He put me on Gabapentin 100 mg twice a day but told me to take as needed. I have been taking one pill at bedtime and it has been a miracle cure for me. No attacks at all since then.
Gabster43213
After further research I am now of the opinion that it might be plantar fasciitis. I know that I tend to land on the side of my foot and rolling it to the other side when taking a step.

Thanks for the information. The pain has been almost unbearable.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.