Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Boston Marathon 2023

1,042 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by bert harbinson
bert harbinson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just registered with an uneasy buffer of 2min 33sec better than my AG qualifying standard. We'll see.
Anyone else plan on signing up?
Sooner Born
I'm registered. I have an 18 minute buffer so no problem getting in. I'm also registering for the London marathon ballot so that or an injury would be the only reasons I'm not in Hopkinton in April.
NoahAg
Just, wow.
https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/34580451/nonbinary-athletes-run-2023-boston-marathon-registering-specific-division

Let's go, Brandon!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
NoahAg said:

Just, wow.
https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/id/34580451/nonbinary-athletes-run-2023-boston-marathon-registering-specific-division
I think that this is, realistically, probably the best option that these races have. Ideally, it would cut down on the number of biologically male participants taking spots away from deserving female runners.

There is no way that an amateur athletic organization could monitor hormone levels, or presumably even verify whether someone has actually "transitioned".

I'm pretty sure I could run a Boston qualifying time--for a girl. As nearly as I can tell, there's nothing to stop me from marking "woman" as my gender, showing up to the race with a three day beard in a skirt, and going full woke on anyone who tries to tell me I shouldn't be singing "You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman".
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bert harbinson
AG
Boston Marathon Announcement

All qualifying times are accepted for 2023. Now just have to wait for verification.
Remaining spots for the field of 30,000 will be filled by charity runners.

"A total of 23,267 applications were submitted over the five-day registration window, an increase from the 22,936 qualified applications received last year. The field of 2023 qualifiers is made up of 13,315 men, 9,930 women, and 22 non-binary athletes. 624 athletes who have finished at least 10 consecutive Boston Marathons had already been accepted into the field."
Sooner Born
Great news! Congrats!
bert harbinson
AG
Thanks and congrats to you too. Good luck with London!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.