Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

One month out from Chicago

1,175 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Swarely
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Who else is in? I've been having some knee issues, but I'm going to try to pull it together this month.
Swarely
Not running it this year, but did last year. It's flat, easy, and fun like my high school girlfriend. You'll have a blast!
htxag09
AG
Officially canceled my hotel and flight. Just not where I want to be, too large a set back being down a few weeks with strep. I could still tough it out, but don't really want to spend a couple thousand $$ to go walk a marathon....

good luck, aggiespartan and all others! on to training for the houston half for me to try and try to pick up the pace a little
aggiespartan
AG
htxag09 said:

Officially canceled my hotel and flight. Just not where I want to be, too large a set back being down a few weeks with strep. I could still tough it out, but don't really want to spend a couple thousand $$ to go walk a marathon....

good luck, aggiespartan and all others! on to training for the houston half for me to try and try to pick up the pace a little
Thanks! I was feeling iffy for a bit, but I think I'm on the up and up now. My time probably won't be as good as I wanted, but that's fine.
Malibu
Mrs. Malibu will be running it and the fam will be cheering her on. She's hoping for PR slightly a year after childbirth and if she hits it I'll be supremely impressed. Hope the weather cooperates for all runners!
TRM
AG
Good luck to everyone running tomorrow.
aggiespartan
AG
Ideally for me, the start would be about 10 degrees warmer, but we'll see what happens!
bert harbinson
AG
Good luck!
Malibu
Nice sub-3 for Mrs Malibu. Not quite a PR but she ran like a champ, especially considering pregnancy + recovery.
hbc07
AG
I didn't run it, but I did get in 10 miles of walking and 6-7 miles of bike shares going from the start->mile 5->mile 10->20k->mile 15->mile 16.5->mile 18->finish area.

a sub-5 for aggiespartan and a good first marathon; and some level of motivation (but probably not enough) for me to start running again. maybe i'll see if i can break a 1:30 half instead of committing to a full?
[url]http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com[/url]
aggiespartan
AG
I never really got the wall unless you count not being able to breathe from the hiccups somewhere around miles 15-17. I also had one gel left, and I don't know where I missed eating it, but it didn't really affect me too much. It should be easy for me to improve on this though. This did confirm that I hate large races. I think waiting around for 2 hours shivering sucked a lot of the energy out of me.
Matsui
AG
Congrats on your accomplishment!
Swarely
Way to go spartan!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.