Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Mobility Exercises

1,489 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by CC09LawAg
CC09LawAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've been walking daily for a little over a month and have noticed some knee pain and read that could be associated with tight hips/ankles (which I believe I've always had an issue with).

I've ordered home gym stuff to start back up StrongLifts after a 10+ year weightlifting hiatus, but am interested in some stretches for my ankles, hips, hip flexors, etc. just to improve my flexibility and mobility generally. 35 y/o male.

Anybody have any recommendations for a good resource for ideas?
aggiebrad94
AG
kneesovertoesguy

Kneesoverteoesguy youtube channel
jtraggie99
AG
I say this every time the topic of flexibility and mobility comes up, and I probably sound like a broken record, but yoga. A good regular yoga practice, several times a week, will do wonders for all of that. I'm going on 8 years now, the last 4 doing bikram hot yoga, and it's made a world of difference for me.
lazuras_dc
AG
Knees over toes guy and Jessie Schwartzman

agcivengineer
AG
lazuras_dc said:

Knees over toes guy and Jessie Schwartzman

This. Absolutely this. When i started running years ago i had the same pain. While i didnt know about this guy, i basically started doing what he says. Become disciplined in this and you should remain pain free.
lazuras_dc
AG
I have a regimen I do weekly that consists of a mix of knees over toes guy and all the Schwartzman stuff and I've been pain free in my back from golf/work. Not had much pain in the legs ever so can't comment there.
KidDoc
AG
Supernatural VR 4-5x a week has done wonders for my balance, strength, flexibility (49 y/o).
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
CC09LawAg
aggiebrad94 said:

kneesovertoesguy

Kneesoverteoesguy youtube channel

Thanks for this recommendation, this is exactly what I was looking for!
Seven Costanza
AG
Where are y'all starting with knees over toes guy? Is there are specific routine?
CC09LawAg
I bought his book (about $20) and am going off memory since I don't have it with me right now:

He recommends starting off with walking backwards 10 minutes 3 days a week. Then a zero workout (basically starting from scratch) is 25 tibialis raises, followed by his version of calf raises (where you raise up on your big toe), back to tibialis, then over the knee calf raises.

All body weight stuff that can be adjusted with angles/assistance/resistance/weights.

There are some other additional tips and exercises but I think that's the basics.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.