Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

MS150

806 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bert315
mtngoat3006
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I've completed several MS150 events from Houston-Austin over the years and both of the teams I used to ride with have been disbanded. Any suggestions/recommendations of good teams worth signing on with this year? I would really like to ride with the Aggie Cycling Team as I used to envy watching those folks riding in their Aggie cycling gear. They seemed like a great group to ride with and even better to hang out with in Houston, Lagrange, and Austin.

Thanks in advance, Ags!
88planoAg
AG
The Aggie team is now Aggie cycling powered by Houston Physician's Hospital. They have a FB page.
mtngoat3006
Well, I eventually joined the Aggie Cycling Powered by Houston Physician's Hospital team earlier this year and last weekend we participated in the MS150 Bike Tour. I departed from the Austin start and traveled to La Grange on Saturday which included a brutal butt-kickin' stretch through Bastrop State Park. We departed La Grange on Sunday morning and headed to College Station to finish on the track inside Kyle Field. Wow, what a great experience!!! I can't wait to do it again next year and hope we have a bigger turn-out next year. Enjoy the pics below and hope some of y'all join the Aggie Cycling Team next year. You'll have a blast as it really is a rolling party!!!

chico
AG
Sweet looking bike
A New Hope
How long did it take you? Average mph?
mtngoat3006
I started Saturday from downtown Austin at 6:45 am and got to La Grange around 2:30pm ish. The construction and traffic in and around Austin was absolutely terrible and it took about 3 hours just to get to Bastrop!!!! Going west to east thru Bastrop State Park was brutal as there were 5 butt-kicking hill climbs which took a lot out of me. There were a few butt kicking hill climbs on the way to the break point in Winchester and then it started to get HOT!!! My computer logged my total milage from Austin to La Grange at 76.6 miles. My average mph was way off my typical mph due to the traffic, construction, and tough hill climbs. I usually average around 16-17 mph on my training rides in/around the Austin area.
I departed Sunday morning from La Grange at 7:00 am and arrived at Kyle Field around 2:15pm ish. My computer logged the miles from La Grange to Kyle Field at 80.6 miles. I stopped at almost all of the break points to refuel and rehydrate and spent about 10-15 minutes at the break points. Lunch was at the Lake Somerville Dam Park and I spent about 30 minutes there for lunch and hydration.
The MS150 is a great supported charity and social bike ride and next year will be my 10th MS150. The Aggie Cycling Team is incredible and it is greatly organized and supported. I am so glad they accepted me on their team and I look forward to cranking next year with them. They really are an AWESOME team!!!
mtngoat3006
chico said:

Sweet looking bike
THANKS!!!
Nitro Power
AG
The Bastrop Park is fun but the climbs are legit. I rode from Houston, so didn't get the parks this year. MS150 is awesome and now that I'm good and recovered, I'm ready for 2023.
Bert315
AG
Left Addicks in the energy corridor and did the 100miles to La Grange. Normal route so nothing new. Buddy I was riding with blew 2 spokes so we ended up losing an hour getting that repaired at a stop just past Belleville. Finished around 2pm in La Grange. I rode with our Houston Methodist so we were right by the Aggie Cycling tent at St Marks.

Left La Grange for College Station around 7am and got to Kyle around 2pm. Ended up taking a long lunch in Somerville just enjoying the time. I really like the new finish, much more organized and enjoyable for family to come and hangout. Riding into Kyle was pretty cool and will be back next year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.