Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Running Shorts

3,067 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by '03ag
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The socks thread had me curious. What are your favorite run shorts? What distances are you running.

For me, I am loving the Janji- 5in. AFO Middle short and Track Smith - 5in Session shorts. I've run over marathon distance in both of them. If I am buying another pair today, it will be the Janji, but love

https://janji.com/products/ms-5-afo-middle-short?variant=39461000577107

https://www.tracksmith.com/products/m-session-shorts?sku=MB32201N
AgCanuck07
AG
I've got a few pairs of the New Balance Core Impact split short (3in). They are fine. Whatever brand I buy, i tend to prefer a 3in split short.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Brooks Sherpa 5-in. Have 3-4 of the old style and 3 of the new. Prefer the old but like them both.
K Bo
AG
Just picked up a couple pair of Tracksmith Van Cortlandt and love them! Previously, my favorite shorts were Nike 5" with full length liner. The Tracksmith + short tights is my go-to, now.

Im currently training for Houston and running about 30mi/week but that's increasing as I progress through training.
AggieOO
I'm pretty much only wearing path projects these days.
RockOn
All path projects. Its even taken over as my WFH wardrobe.

www.pathprojects.com

hah - just realized i'm on their website header image now
MouthBQ98
AG
Any good 6-8" synethtic boxer briefs under some Adidas climate cool light soccer short. light weight and breathable and no liner/seam chafe as they are shorter than the longer boxer briefs. I use them for general fitness in addition to running.

I hate running shorts with liners. Guaranteed groin chafing.
ptothemo
AG
Nike 5" flex stride shorts - cut the liner out and wear New Balance 3" running briefs
bert harbinson
AG
Don't have any brand loyalty, Nike, New Balance, Brooks, Korsa (a Roadrunner Sports brand). I look for price and at least one zippered pocket in 5 in and some 3 in. Haven't been willing to pull the trigger on $60+ shorts. I've heard lululemon are worth the price, anybody have those?
Bert315
AG
Ten thousand Session or set. They have sales from time to time but are pricey.
johnson2012
AG
I have some random Nike shorts from academy and have more recently gotten a couple of the lululemon surge running shorts. Surge with the liner have been very comfy and are decently light considering the liner (based solely on feel, so not scientific). Flip top pocket in the back as opposed to a zipper.

I've seen path project mentioned on here quite a few times so I'll probably try those too. If fast people wear them I'll be fast by association, right? *wink face*
RustyBoltz
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Any good 6-8" synethtic boxer briefs under some Adidas climate cool light soccer short. light weight and breathable and no liner/seam chafe as they are shorter than the longer boxer briefs. I use them for general fitness in addition to running.

So spot on, I thought I wrote this reply. I get my Adidas shorts from the Allen Outlet mall and can sometimes catch them for <$8.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Yeah ****ty shorts with liners will do that. I don't have that problem with Janji or tracksmith
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Tracksmith had a pop up shop at the Chicago Marathon. That ended up being my largest expense of the trip! Haha
The Pilot
AG
I run in a mix of Nike and Lulu shorts.
htxag09
AG
For most my runs I use a mix of shorts I've picked up on sale over the years, Nike, Brooks, Asics, Sketchers, etc.

For my long runs I love the lululemon surge shorts. I have larger thighs and have never chaffed with these shorts. Nor have I found another boxer brief liner style running short nearly as comfortable.
94chem
Baleaf. If you care about price, you need to try this brand on Amazon.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
CrockerAg98
AG
Time to Run. I think I paid $6-8 per pair on Amazon. They do have a brief style liner, but I haven't chaffed on anything up to 20 miles
RockOn
I have a 15% discount for Path Projects for up to 3 people - drop an email and I'll send it over ( I get no benefit from it )
AggieOO
any expiration date? i just bought some stuff, so it'll probably be a bit before my next purchase, but would very much appreciate some savings next go around.
htxag09
AG
I'd like to give them a shot, email is username at gmail.

Edit: do y'all use the warm weather (torch) or all seasons (tahoe) liners?
BQ2001
AG
same, I was literally just on the page. username at gmail
JeremiahJohnson
AG
I'll try em out. Jblakerea @gmail
johnson2012
AG
Sounds like it's time for a TexAgs Path Project group buy. Anyone got an inside contact??
RockOn
AggieOO at gmail?

gonna send the 3 in order from posts here.
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Any pathproject short work better than the others or is it just about pocket placement?
AggieOO
RockOn said:

AggieOO at gmail?

gonna send the 3 in order from posts here.

Towle.scott at g mail

And most importantly, thanks!
90 bull
AG
Two questions on path project
1 do you wear their liner, or just compression shorts?
2 where are they made?
Seven Costanza
AG
How are their shirts for normal everyday wear? Does it feel more like a tri-blend material or more like a dri-fit material?
tamuags08
AG
94chem said:

Baleaf. If you care about price, you need to try this brand on Amazon.

30% off sale on baleaf products today on Amazon.

bert harbinson
AG
Seven Costanza said:

How are their shirts for normal everyday wear? Does it feel more like a tri-blend material or more like a dri-fit material?

The shirts are Tencel blend, moisture wicking but very soft and comfortable. I have a long sleeve, it's great for normal wear on cool days.
CDub06
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

This is me exactly. Ive got about 20 pair of adidas clima-something performance boxer briefs for my athletic use. I hate how hard it is finding running stuff without liners so adidas soccer shorts have been my go to for years.
htxag09
AG
90 bull said:

Two questions on path project
1 do you wear their liner, or just compression shorts?
2 where are they made?

I just got my first order. The shirts and liners are made in the USA. The shorts are made in China
K Bo
AG
Not shorts but received two Path Pyrenees LS shirts today and I think gonna like them. Love the weight, hood, thumb holes, and watch hole.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Under Armour Raid. Not running shorts per se but I'm not really a runner per se either! (You can time my 100 yard dash with a sun dial and my 5K with plate tectonic scales).
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.