Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Headlamp vs belt light

894 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by htxag09
BoomGoesThe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
With it getting dark much earlier, do any of you runners have a preference for one or the other, and for what reasons?
bam02
AG
Admittedly I've never used a belt light but it just seems like the shakiness would drive me nuts. I've seen other runners using them and they seem bouncy.
ptothemo
AG
Are you just wanting to be seen, or are you wanting something to help you see where you are running too? I'm assuming the latter but want to check as recommendations may be different based on the preference.
bushytailed
AG
I wear a head lamp to see and a Noxgear vest to be seen.

https://www.noxgear.com/
BoomGoesThe
I would want to see and be seen on runs. The neighborhood I moved into isn't lit very well at all and is completely dark in spots.
aggiespartan
AG
bushytailed said:

I wear a head lamp to see and a Noxgear vest to be seen.

https://www.noxgear.com/
best light vest ever
hbc07
AG
For the purposes of seeing what's in front of me (and not necessarily being seen), I use Night Runner 270 shoe lights and have never had any problem with them
AgCanuck07
AG
I recently purchased the Petzl Actik Core headlamp and really like it. It is bright, rechargeable, and doesn't bounce.

I've tried the Nightrunner shoe lights and they hurt my feet after a while (possibly due to my high arches...idk)
fc2112
Joke all you like, but the plain old Energizer headlamp you can get at Lowes is cheap and the most rugged hed lamp I've ever used. It's heavier than other ones but really lights things up. They're only about $10.

htxag09
AG
For being seen: on my long runs, aka when I'm carrying a hydration belt or vest, I like the Nathan clip on lights. They're cheap, visible, have a couple different settings between strobe and steady, and the battery lasts a long time.

I'm not too worried about needing help to see as all the trails I run are pretty well lit.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.