Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Vasectomy

1,405 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by LOYAL AG
Paul Dirac
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does everyone recommend nitrous oxide gas for the procedure. It's only $150 but insurance doesn't cover it. Do they use other pain killers or is the nitrous just for anxiety?
AgCanuck07
AG
I don't think I had any. There was just some localized numbing. It was a bit uncomfortable but no big deal.
'03ag
You'd have to put my ass under
wcb
AG
AgCanuck07 said:

I don't think I had any. There was just some localized numbing. It was a bit uncomfortable but no big deal.
+1

The smell of your scrotum burning is worse than the pain.
AgCanuck07
AG
wcb said:

AgCanuck07 said:

+1

Yes.... completely agree here
1997aggies
AG
I paid $60 for my Vasectomy. It's the best $60 I've ever spent!
Vince Blake
wcb said:

AgCanuck07 said:

+1

Holy ***** This is absolutely true. I went into a full bore panic attack even after taking the horse pill of valium they gave me. If you have the option to be knocked out, I say take it.
FL_Ag1998
AG
There's no need to be knocked out, there's no pain....just an extremely uncomfortable feeling of pulling as the doc is grabbing the vas deferens to make the cut.
2girlsdad
After my wife pushed out a 9+ and then 7+ lbs baby without any pain meds, I decided I could do this procedure no problem. Don't be a bisch.
Guitarsoup
AG
It really wasn't a big deal. I tend to have a good bit of anxiety, but this wasn't that bad.

Just shave the beanbag before you go, and have plenty of icepacks and what not.
Sponge
AG
It is fairly painless and fast. Also, the tip of getting a jock strap for recovery is idiotic. Any regular supportive but not tight briefs will work better.
Paul Dirac
Doc said no shaving. Have to clean out the pipes 30 times before the 3 month follow up. They are pushed nitrous hard due to pure profit but I said no. 1 mg Valium one hour prior to the procedure.
Leeman
AstonAg said:

Doc said no shaving. Have to clean out the pipes 30 times before the 3 month follow up. They are pushed nitrous hard due to pure profit but I said no. 1 mg Valium one hour prior to the procedure.
Strong forearms are in your future.
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
OP, what day is the operation so we can cheer you on?
-Ben There/R.C.
Diggity
AG
Yeah, that's not correct. I'll spare you the details on how I know.
BlueSmoke
Shave or don't. Law down on table and they place a little blue cover with a hole in the middle for your berries that they splay out like a butterflied chicken breast. Needle to numb everything. About as painful as getting on in the gums at the dentist. Then a lot of tugging and as mentioned, the smoke from the cauterization. Then off you go. Had zero complications after. This was years back.
Nobody cares. Work Harder
LOYAL AG
AG
Several bags of frozen peas and a TV show you can binge watch for the entire weekend. That weekend got me addicted to 24. Stopped by Blockbuster on the way home and Mrs LOYAL AG rented Day 1. Two days later she returned it and got me Day 2.

Best thing I've done. No more helmets for that soldier and no more pills for her.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.