Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

761 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by AgCanuck07
mrsbeer05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
30min yoga
ptothemo
AG
2:30 long run this morning - 79 miles for the week
JDL 96
Monster Tri!! Great race as always!
CDub06
AG
BCS Oktoberfest Half Marathon. Felt great and Perfect weather today. Great race as always, though I think several course cutters took awards
bert harbinson
AG
Carrollton Prediction 5K, ran easy but accurately. Another perfect morning.
Crazy Ag 97
AG
Easy 8 miles this morning, glorious weather is finally here!

Planning on an easy 2500 swim this afternoon.
bushytailed
AG
BCS Oktoberfest 10k - First race since the Houston Marathon in January '20. Not my best time but not my worst time. It just felt great to be out there again racing with friends. The weather was perfect.
91_Aggie
AG
Down 30 pounds in 2 months.
Need to run 5 miles today.

pinkdog
3 miles
MouthBQ98
AG
5 mile hike. A few light bench presses. Yard work. Taking it easy.
AgCanuck07
AG
9 mile run this morning. Longest run since Achilles tendonitis derailed marathon training back in August
CDub06
AG
What'd you do for the achilles tendonitis? I've been battling that for most of this year. I'm off and on anti-inflammatories to keep it in check.
AgCanuck07
AG
Mine is an insertional Achilles tendonitis (so right where the tendon attaches to the heel). Here is what I have done:

-Took 4 weeks off from running
-During the time off, I used my Theragun twice a day on my calves and also spent time with the foam roller. I really tried to loosen up the calf muscle via massage
-Once I started feeling a difference with massage, I started doing modified eccentric heel drops (where my heel only went done to the floor, instead off off a step)
-Based upon some reading, I have also started trying some isometric "stretches" on my impacted calf. My heel feels better after doing a set of them, so I have kept them up
-I have also added some ankle/foot mobility stretches with a lacrosse ball. I put it under my 4th/5th metatarsal and then twist at my waist for 90 seconds. It also really seems to help loosen it up

All of that to say.....it is still stiff when I run but at least I am able to start rebuilding my mileage. The pain never gets higher than a 2 or 3 (out of 10) when I run but it also never is 0 when I run. I don't experience much pain throughout the day but, if I do, then I take a few minutes to massage my calf (via theragun or roller).

Overall, massaging my calf has had the biggest positive impact. I'm not sure how much the modified eccentric heel drops are doing but I keep them up.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.