Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Husband and Wife Weight Loss/Lifestyle Changes

4,014 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by coastalAg
TikkaShooter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

H recently discovered his 17 year old daughter had started vaping and drinking a lot. He confronted her about it and her response to his question of "Why?" was "I see you do it, so why does it matter?"

This ain't normal 17 year old behavior and has a LOT more depth/issues to it than alcohol being in the homeā€¦
Todd 02
AG
Truth.

But still a good lesson in teaching children how to responsibly use alcohol. If there's one thing I can definitively say about kids, it's that they're always watching and mimicking. The nut, as they say, doesn't fall far from the tree.
BlitzBrother
Intermittent Fasting , my opinion single healthiest thing you can do - I fast daily 20 hours , eating window 4 to 8 - Too long to give all details , but research ! - Plus workout 2 to 3X a week , improve what you eat , cut out sugars , get your supplements rights ! - If all that too much , fast and cut out sugars !
bam02
AG
ptothemo said:

One other idea to consider is kettlebells - you can get a lot done without a whole lot of space with those. You wouldn't necessarily be doing the traditional lifts that everyone thinks of, but there are tons of different options to work towards move heavy things around general fitness goals.

I was going to suggest sandbags, but kettlebells are great, too.

There are several brands of sandbags. Get a small and a medium and you and your wife will be able to do a ton of functional strength workouts. Brute force is a quality brand and they put out free daily workouts if you sign up for their email. They have videos for all the exercises.
Tailgate88
AG
BlitzBrother said:

Intermittent Fasting , my opinion single healthiest thing you can do - I fast daily 20 hours , eating window 4 to 8 - Too long to give all details , but research ! - Plus workout 2 to 3X a week , improve what you eat , cut out sugars , get your supplements rights ! - If all that too much , fast and cut out sugars !
Word!
Sea Speed
AG
i havent read the thread, but meal planning and meal prepping is the absolute best way to know what youre eating calorie wise every meal of every day. You have to be good with eating the same thing over and over again though, which i totally am. I could eat the same breakfast, lunch and dinner every day for years, and basically have.
Sea Speed
AG
oh and OP, both of yall should go get a physical and blood work and see what your body is telling you. You in particular should read this thread:

https://texags.com/forums/48/topics/3224830
Beckdiesel03
AG
We are in the same boat, but I started before the husband and he finally got on board. The biggest thing I can say from our experience is just know that what works for one might not work for the other. I cut portions and tried to make better decisions as to what I was eating but I didn't have to go crazy. Husband had a LOT more to lose and had a lot of bad habits to also get rid of so his diet looks a lot different than mine. Also I see the best results from walking or biking some but then I try to do HIIT workouts and strength training at home and see a huge difference. I have an app with workouts or I just look on YouTube. Husband can't keep up with the hiit right now bc he is just starting but it breaks up the monotony of walking or the bike. Also like the poster said, know your limits. I can't do a lot of the jumping exercises in the workouts due to several foot fractures over the years so I just modify when those come up. Another difference with us is alcohol. I can and have given it up frequently over the years and this is his first time. He is dropping a ton of weight while it makes no difference to me and actually makes me eat more because I could have a glass of wine in the evening and not be hungry to eat. Good for y'all and stick with it together just realize not everything can be together or the same and that's okay!
coastalAg
AG
Dont forget to prioritize your sleep to maximize your results. Life is busy, but I make a point to get 7-8 hours of good sleep a night.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.