Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Coffee Replacement

2,794 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Spyderman
saysomethin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone tried a coffee replacement? Keep seeing ads for MudWater, K Chava, Athletic Greens, etc etc. wondering if they are any good reviews.
www.absarokabeartooth.com
RockOn
Looking for a partial replacement at least myself. I'm getting tired of coffee.

I've considered trying to replicate the mudwtr recipe. Seems to be a few recipes online like this one
https://gingeleski.com/mud-mudwtr-recipe/
94chem
Jet Alert. 3.5 cents apiece at HEB.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
saysomethin
AG
Better than no-doze?!

Would rather get something with less caffeine that's better for me.

I like coffee, just trying to get away from the every day thing. Start weaning away from it.
www.absarokabeartooth.com
94chem
saysomethin said:

Better than no-doze?!

Would rather get something with less caffeine that's better for me.

I like coffee, just trying to get away from the every day thing. Start weaning away from it.

Same stuff exactly. 200mg/pill. 90 pills/bottle. $3.50.

I figured pure caffeine was better than energy drinks or coffee. Why not cut to the chase? But if you don't like it, IDK. Maybe half-caff? Or get coffee that's too expensive to drink? Or don't drink any until you start to lag mid-morning.
94chem,
That, sir, was the greatest post in the history of TexAgs. I salute you. -- Dough
htxag09
AG
TXTransplant
I don't drink coffee…gave it up years ago and replaced it with tea (mostly caffeine-free teas, but sometimes not).

I recently started drinking matcha. I mix 1/2 tsp with 1/4-1/2 tsp chai powder (I make that myself), a scoop of vanilla collagen, and hot water. I mix it with a little frother.

Matcha is an acquired taste, but 1 tsp has about 70 mg of caffeine.
Jbob04
AG
I switched to green tea with honey and lemon.
Ulrich
There are several components of coffee… the caffeine, the flavor, and the ritual. Which do you want to keep and which do you want to get rid of?
mrmill3218
AG
Good coffee is one of the greatest and simplest joys in my life.

But man it can cause some anxiety. I drink decaf sometimes and it's just not the same.
Hincemm
AG
Ulrich said:

There are several components of coffee… the caffeine, the flavor, and the ritual. Which do you want to keep and which do you want to get rid of?

Yup. At the end of the day…why?
2girlsdad
mrmill3218 said:

My favorite part of the week is getting up before the sun on Sunday morning, grinding the beans and making coffee with the French press. I sit at the kitchen table looking into the backyard (we have a couple acres) and see the sun come up. Better in the cooler month, sit either on the back porch or area in the back and enjoy the cool weather. My wife and kids are still asleep and it's my one morning a week to just relax. Couldn't imagine it the same without coffee.
mrmill3218
AG
Love that.
94chem
2girlsdad said:

mrmill3218 said:

My favorite part of the week is getting up before the sun on Sunday morning, grinding the beans and making coffee with the French press. I sit at the kitchen table looking into the backyard (we have a couple acres) and see the sun come up. Better in the cooler month, sit either on the back porch or area in the back and enjoy the cool weather. My wife and kids are still asleep and it's my one morning a week to just relax. Couldn't imagine it the same without coffee.

I like to load it in the French press so thick that I can barely push the handle down, then pour it out and add a scoop of instant to it, a half cup of whole milk, and a tablespoon of erythritol. But since I took up running, the caffeine pill with an energy drink powder stick suffices.
94chem,
MouthBQ98
AG
Pre-workout.
mrmill3218
AG
Just made a cup of decaf with the V60. Quite enjoyable on this rainy Friday at work.
double aught
AG
mrmill3218 said:

But man it can cause some anxiety. I drink decaf sometimes and it's just not the same.
Does decaf taste different? Never tried it.
Matsui
AG
No it doesn't
mrmill3218
AG
It doesn't taste different, but the lack of caffeine is very noticeable IMO.
1997aggies
AG
I don't know how people live without coffee.
Tailgate88
AG
Coffee is one of the great pleasures of life. Like most, buy good stuff and enjoy in moderation. The more recently it was roasted the better it is for you. The more recently it was ground, the better it tastes.
befitter
Are you trying to give up caffeine?
Spyderman
AG
Made some awesome instant coa coa mix. 2-3 cups/day. Really good.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
htxag09
AG
Spyderman said:

Out of curiosity, why would you replace coffee with cocoa? I'd guess cocoa is significantly worse for you?
Spyderman
AG
htxag09 said:

Spyderman said:

Out of curiosity, why would you replace coffee with cocoa? I'd guess cocoa is significantly worse for you?
No, just the opposite from what I understand. It tastes better as well...
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.