Health & Fitness
Sponsored by

Dumbbells, dip station, pull-up bar, gymnastic rings - Help me build a routine

852 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by rebag00
RushHour
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am currently renting a house while we have a house under construction. My gym bench is 6 hours away in Louisiana in a storage unit, so I can't use that until we move everything else out after the house is completed. I'm trying to make the most out of what I've got.

I've got available:
- 5-45lb adjustable dumbbells
- dip station - not using currently
- gymnastic rings - just purchased
- pull-up bar - not using currently
- Peloton for cardio

I'm currently riding the Peloton 3 days a week, and doing weights 3 days a week.

Currently I'm doing:
- Bench Press (on ground due to no bench)
- bent rows
- chest flys
- curls
- standing shoulder press
- hammer curls
- Leg Lunges

Does anyone have suggestions on a better routine with the available equipment?
Max Power
AG
I've been using the Fit Bod app for working out at home. When you setup your profile you enter every single piece of equipment you have available. You also tell it what your goals are (strength, bodybuilding, weight loss) and how often you exercise. It builds your routines for you, even if you're just doing body weight exercises. I'd recommend something like that. I have the premium version which I think you can use for a week for free before it costs money to use.
RushHour
Max Power said:

I've been using the Fit Bod app for working out at home. When you setup your profile you enter every single piece of equipment you have available. You also tell it what your goals are (strength, bodybuilding, weight loss) and how often you exercise. It builds your routines for you, even if you're just doing body weight exercises. I'd recommend something like that. I have the premium version which I think you can use for a week for free before it costs money to use.
This is the first time I'm hearing about this app and it sounds like it'll be what I'm looking for. Thank you!
AZAG08
AG
+1 for the fit bod app -- I started using it about a month ago and have been really happy with it
Max Power
AG
If you're looking to build your setup with equipment that's useful without a bench I'd recommend grabbing some kettlebells. Start light, 26 or 35 lbs, and start doing swings and Turkish getups, great exercises for the whole body.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
When the pandemic first started I was doing bench on a 65qt RTIC but if you can get an exercise ball, that works really well for bench and activates more of your core. You can also do deltoids if you lay on your chest and bridges for hamstrings.

I would add more deltoid work (lateral, front and rear). Look into hex press for chest.
rebag00
AG
?itemid=14429731
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.