Do it. Possibly the best decision I've made with regard to sleep quality. Prior to surgery I slept 4.5 to 6.5 hours per night and was "moderately" well rested. You learn to deal with it and I did but I was fatigued consistently. I wear a Whoop Strap and any given 7 day window had 4 yellows, two low greens and a red. Or two reds and one less green. I work too many hours and ride a bike several hours a week then added strength training to the mix and feeling rested and the app showing me I was rested didn't happen much. Then the greens were pretty much never above 85% with maybe one per month above 90%.

That doesn't even address the snoring which had become a marital issue. Probably once per week Mrs LOYAL AG would leave the room to sleep in the guest room or game room. Over the past couple of years we'd go to bed together and I would read while she fell asleep then I'd go to sleep maybe 20 minutes later, compounding the problem.

I had surgery on June 2. Tonsils. Adenoids. Uvula. And something called Latera Splints inserted below surface of the nose to keep nasal passages from collapsing. Not going to lie, recovery SUCKED!!!! First seven days were absolutely awful and thank God for baseball regionals as I watched probably 100 innings that first weekend. You don't want to eat, pouring water into your mouth hurts like hell, forget swallowing. I lost 9 pounds in 11 days. By the second weekend it was starting to turn and by the second Monday I was itching to get moving again.

Fast forward to today. Since getting the all clear from doc I've taken a vacation and had an annoying low back injury that meant I was about five weeks with no cycling and no workouts. I got going again really about three weeks ago with three 1-1/2 hour rides and three strength workouts per week which was normal before surgery. In that time I'm still sleeping about 6.5 hours per night but pretty much never sleep less than 5.5. No red recoveries and about half of them are green with almost all of those being over 90% with all yellows being over 50%. The deciding factor seems to be cycling with all rides being followed by a yellow and most other days being green.

Really wish I'd done this years ago. If it's on your mind go visit with an ENT.

Edit: I'm 51 next week. Recovery doesn't change much once you turn 19 or 20.